Very slow build from France

Could you confirm that the Takuma mast is 109.5 x 14.7 mm ?

No tool to be accurate but yes a bit less the 110 mm and 15 mm
The rear edge is sharper than a gong , I cannot carry it when holding in this side

I will try to find my tool to measure it

1 Like

Test in 2 days :smile:

so i just finished to mount the FR motor on a GONG mast , which is just a little smaller than a takuma: it fits but if you want to put a Takuma mast on a GONG plate you will have to hard time to take it off…

i choose to put the wires this way because you cannot bend them very easily and i couldn’t do another way with my board (no time to built another right now)

i wanted to thank you David @Flying_Rodeo, for his hard work and the quality of the motor, it is just amazing !

i made my setting in the vesc, with 60A max for the battery, will see what will be the top speed :wink:

so i have 2 setup, with 2 mast and 2 wings “swapable”, i keep both because my wife said she wanted to try…

7 Likes

It’s beautiful, I’m drooling.

me too :smile:
about ±200w (battery side) with propeller in the air for ±5000 rpm
Ri : 20 (17 for my 56104)
very smooth and quiet

Be prepared to change it:
@Jezza changed his battery max current from 100 to 150A…

@rcjetman tried in
12s: scary according to experience
6s: worked amazingly well 2 x 6s 16Ah in parallel = 6s 32Ah.

not sure about that, will see, i allready tested with my geared motor 80/80, 130/80, 130/70
as i lowered the battery from 80 to 70, didn’t change anything, i got the kick to get off the water only when putting the motor to 130

this time 130/60

i am still running 8P so i want lower as much as possible the battery amp to avoid heat, but still getting a good top speed,since it is takuma wing that is slowing me down , i don’t want to play with the remote to get the must efficient top speed

i will lower the battery max value until the top speed lowers or take off becomes harder :wink:

so i run the FR motor: very quiet, smooth with torque
the propeller is a little bigger with less pitch, so as i take off, i don’t get that kick, the speed on the water is constant and take off easier

130A on the motor is nice , no trouble to take off, and 60A on the battery max setting in enough

60%-95% on trigger doesn’t change much for the top speed

efficiency is about the same 100wh/km, but this is with a duct now ! so safety is there…

happy with the numbers, motor is running nice , warm but not hot, ±30km/h with 60a and my takuma, that was the plan

i will try:

• duct off
  • RL wing
  • and off course full power but since it is 420A with this esc, i will go 150/150 first :slight_smile:

for the battery: 30Q 12S8P NESE modules

running nice but:

• i can take off with 90A (both motor), but 130A for the motor settings is more fun (depending on the wing and board)

• charged to 4,1v , here started at 4,06v and ended at 3,6v , 20min, 11,5/24A pack

• at 3,6v i had voltage sag to 3,3v which triggers the vesc and i need to pump to take off

• changing motor setting does not much, i am just pulling 7,5A/cell , so 8P is the least needed, i will change my vesc setting and see if i can get the 20A of the 24A pack as supposed

• since 60-95% duty range didn’t change much, i guess yes you can run the motor at a decent speed using 6S battery …

5 Likes

Any chance you can measure the static push in kg with a (bathroom) scale against a pontoon ? Range: 0 to 70% by 10% steps :ok_hand:

It will be hard the board will tilt up , I guess lying on why not …

is the alu plate is enough to dissipate heat ? i m planning to use 400 ESC with MAYTECH motor 100 KV and the same waterproof box HPRC 2350.

Yes it works fine with my vesc 75/300 , recorded 68c max with 100A , this plate was only for testing but finally I keep it for now , this is 2mm thick , but the next built I will use 4-5mm and cut lines half way in thickness or I can always add a watercooling plate on top …

If you look at on this post , in my first yellow box i put the plate inside and a heat sink outside , this was working better but the esc was smaller …

Max recorded on a sunny day , didn’t add water on top of the plate during

3 Likes

How is the RL foil? Im now looking for a very stable foil. Because with the colder season i would like fly in corners and not falling all the time. The takuma v100 is stable I think but with lower topspeed

Well for sure RL wing is faster but for now I keep the takuma , more fun , freestyle , fast enough 35km/h, I will try to get data for next week

I try the gong L : very nice and stable
Takuma V100 : ( just under the gong M) for me 82kg : I am very please and keep it this way
RL wing : I keep it and try again next year with a small board , I didn’t have a good feeling … and not enough skills yet

The one I want : takuma V50 :wink:

Takuma is expensive and heavy but very strong , stiff in the turns

1 Like

Hi. Thanks, so for riding as much as we can without falling is takuma v100 the best. And still able to handle 30 kmh with out too much amps. The v50 wing will fit under the takuma mast and fusulage?

Any how much power it would take to ride 25 kmh to 30kmh compared to the rl wing ?

Will rl the fusulage fit under the takuma mast? I just want to do a good investment where i can change wings. Thanks for the info

I have trouble recording data trip , but in order to get above 30km/h I need to put 70A for the battery for the takuma and 60A is nice for 27km/h

I wasn’t able to fly ( missing practice) with RL wing ( complete set with fuselage ) but I was « surfing »on water at 27km/h for 60A

No : I drilled the RL fuselage to fit the takuma mast , just need to add one hole and go from m8 to m6

I have the V100 from 2017 , not sure the fuselage 2019 is the same , and the v50 wing seems to have the bolt at the bottom

I will post pics

Finally did It , i pulled today 20a of my 24a battery pack , so happy !

I didn’t take my phone with me , so just a shot a the screen before turned the vesc off , it recorded the value without the app on …

1 Like

Ok thanks, at 27kmh is about the same power needed v100 and rl.

Thanks for sharing the data and info

No : takuma foiling , RL trying to foil (27km/h bouncing on the water )

With my remote it more on/off at start, and when I take off the water with RL wing the speed increases and you couldn’t level the board easily

For now I prefer the freeride style , slow sharp turns that offer the takuma with my skills

That s probably why they will offer soon a more stable ( and « slower ») RL wing

The takuma wing needs more battery , not a problem I have a good 30 min fun with my 12s8p and go back to shore , and change my battery pack :wink: