Very slow build from France

metr at not working today, again ( connected but it seems that it cannot read the FW…and display values)

so if anyone can help me it will be very nice !!!

thank you

Metr does all this by itself. It autodetects baudrate and RX/TX configuration (so you can connect RX-RX and TX-TX and it switches stuff in software on the module itself).

Summary

“Connected” displayed in the app only says that bluetooth connection is working.

Are you sure that your connector (at the VESC) is fully plugged in and not having a loose connection?
I am using the metr since more than a year now at my skateboard and never had an issue. Also had several firmware updates and changed ESCs and it always was just plug and play and is still working since the first day.

The only thing you can mess up with configuration is: AppSettings → General → (PPM and) UART
You have to have UART enabled in the VESC settings. Then the Metr finds out baudrate by itself.

Do you have a second vesc where you can test the module itself?
Could also be a hardware defect at either VESC or the module (like a cold solder joint issuing a loose connection)

Otherwise, maybe this helps: Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module - ESK8 Innovations - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board

At least you could write rpasichnyk a PM.

1 Like

thank you
i put ppm and uart at first
i will check if i have a cold joint, this is the only module and vesc that i have …
does i need to “pair” the vesc in vesctool (tried both did not change anything)
i sent a mail at support@metr.at

switch pins back as oem, check module every looks ok, no moving pins on vesc
re install app
getting this message “RT not ready yet, waiting…”

and then “write app config”? For saving the app settings on the VESC?!

No, you don’t need the vesctool to run the metr. Metr is standalone, you just have to scan for the module in the metr app at your phone then enter the pin of your module (found on the backside) and then the metr app connects by itself.
Remember, this is BLE; not classic bluetooth: you dont have to connect in the phone bluetooth settings, like you do for headset. For Metr you do everything from the Metr app!

I guess it says “BT not ready…”
Sounds like either you didnt enable bluetooth or some other app is blocking bluetooth. Maybe some app is open in background which blocks (new) bluetooth connection?

@Alexandre Hi, have you connected your metr.pro to another phone or tablet…if so then it must still be active and your phone can’t connect…only one possible connection to the metr.pro
This happened to me during my tests with my MTB.

i am waiting for metr.at answer, i send the log…

@Florian16 is right the vesc 75_300 has internal bluetooth call: VESC BUILTIN BLE

which probably bug with the metr at module

so i downloaded xmatic app on my iphone , yes paid again 7€
no need for pair anything, open the app , select vesc bultin ble

working imediately , so i am very happy after a couple hours of trying to understand

what i am not happy with is that there nowhere on trampa page saying that, nowhere on vesctool where we can turn off the internal BLE

1 Like

Wow, i just finished reading every post, I like the solution with 2 waterproof cases inside the board. But now the whole area you cut out will be under water ?

For the moment i use last year board , this board is on stand-by, i want someting smaller , i will probably built the board from scratch

The plan was using 3 boxes , 2 for the battery and one with the esc over the mast

The all thing would be cover , but yes water would be in probably at start , i would have to start the board then got on it quickly( not a problem with waterproof boxes) , more worried how to get the water out

The main problem is the hatch to get everything waterproof , so the boxes are nice but the height of a board and the even the lowest box you are still missing 10mm

Some built have one box in the middle between feet and are open , doesn’t seems to be problem if some water stays around the box and board …

Somes pics , hopefully will have time to try this we

4 Likes

Your case is superb. :ok_hand:

Did you report that to them ? What did they say ? What would you recommend to Apple phone owners wishing to buy a Trampa 75/300 ESC ?

Tried it but it doesn’t turn it off , mine was on the first batch so maybe R1 …

Still waiting a answer from metr at ( was i the first one who tried their module on the vesc 75-300? )

So right now just xmatic ( ios app) works with ble interne of vesc 75-300

It is better to use Android i guess and metr at still bugging

First test today , everything went well , first time this year , not easy but not to hard …

3 Likes

Great, so you mounted a FR propeller… what is the diameter of the axis to mount this propeller? Do you know the weight of your board with and without battery? And at what speed are you starting to fly over the water?
Congratulations again.

FR propeller 10mm pin 3mm
Foil 6kg
Board 8kg
Motor 2,2 kg
Battery box 8kg
About

1 Like

Some news of the test ride

• motor full of water , even with 5 seals … I am up it will stay this way
  • vesc 75-300 worked very well , setting where 90a for the motor ,80a for the battery , no more then 50c air cooled with a small plate on top with temp of at least 30c , water was even to hot …
  • battery heated a bit and stayed warm for 30min , this was a 8p12s of 30q , waiting to charge them to see how much I used for around 20min of flying
  • top speed around 34km/h for 80A so the same number as @superlefax
  • it was harder to pop off the water , I will try new setting , motor 140A and may be 100a to see if can increase top speed which I found too slow on the board (?) …

I don’t what to think if I look at the numbers there are not bad 250wh for 10min … hopefully I will figure out a way to make metr at work

1 Like

Latest news :

Not for me , I will not take that risk , I will try to block the signal another way , vesc to expensive to start thinking to re write the firmware

The question will probably seem silly to you, but having plenty of water in the engine tube does not damage the esc or vesc… it does create a good short circuit… or have you “sealed” your engine phase…?

Sealed engine phase , so far like last year setup : it is more a wet inrunner set up i guess

I will run dry and wet test calibration on vesc foc set up and see if setting change when in water

And you think the water entry is through the psy joints with the shaft oscillation? Has your shaft been machined On the lathe where is this an “Amazon” axis bought and adapted…