Newcomer's build [Ger] + 2nd one

Batts are done. This takes more hours than expected

2 Likes

Cutted back side of board laminated twice

2 Likes

Flipsky switch smart. If you want to operate from outside you need ip67 push button, momentary with NC and NO contact.
I took this one:

2 Likes

What happened so far? Lots of filling and sanding.christian is pushing me to spend effort into this, thanks for keeping me on track :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Next step will be Finish electronic design and put in box. Then I can finally put color on my zebra style board. Batt is also finished

3 Likes

How did u decide how far from the back of the board to put your mast?

In my experience you want to set the board up where the total boards mass location (center of gravity “CG”) is located directly over the front wing, slightly forward CG is better then too far back from my experience.

I’m interested to hear other people’s first hand experiences with getting this right.

:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I used the Nike approach, just do it :sweat_smile: basically I heard as far as back as possible. I hope this position will work for me.

1 Like

That seems to be what I experienced with my last back heavy build. On shore, with the battery’s installed, the board would stand up on the foil. I expect most boards tip over on their nose.

Every foil rides a little differently. I have some wings where I have to be a little bit more forward than others as they provide more lift.
In most cases your back foot will either be above the mast or very slightly in front of it. I’ve never had a foil where I have placed my back foot behind it. This means you can go as far back with the foil as board strength allows you to.

2 Likes

Some small post. Electrobox Build Up. Lucky me, I have all parts i will need for complete efoil around so I can go Corona quarantine if needed :wink: stay healthy!

4 Likes

And simple cover for pole

2 Likes

Nice work Jan!
I like your exact clean solutions!

From Where you got the Kreppband?

Hi,

Thx bro. I found the strap here:

You need to be careful to have foam and hook on same side to be able to fasten it (umlenköse).

Cheerio

Okay new pics incoming. The box is ready, from electric point of view. Not as clean as I would like to have it but I guess nobody is perfect

Pump is working and there is no leakage, at least on land. Water sensor is anoying but seems effective:

I had some serious Frankenstein moments while putting the box into the board and fixing it with epoxy, it’s alive :zombie:

Next step will be basic color, 2k in Matt black followed by finish with transparent 2k coating

1 Like

The board is grinded already with a 600 wet sandpaper. Basically I just need to clean the board to remove the dust and can spray straight.

3 Likes

Jeez, now i know why painter is a job that requires a training. Second run tmrw…

3 Likes

I had a good afternoon of spraying and I am really happy with the result. Unfortunately I found a suspicious area at board side near edge of box cavity. I do not use vacuum technique for lamination which resulted in an air gap there. The gfk is fragile at this position, better to fill it with epoxy before I proceed with anything, top prio. Other next steps would be grip tape And hatch

Cheerio

Cheers Jan

5 Likes

Final Form almost reached. Need to cut here and there for buttons and amperemeter. Should be done quite fast. Weekend pool test.

Cheers Jan

4 Likes