Newcomer's build [Ger] + 2nd one

Here it is…
AGNR%20110mm%20mast

1 Like

Sry maybe misunderstanding but I was referring to plate IMG_20191028_130954_766

The holes at edge are not symmetrical

Still far to go…

5 Likes

Is there a 3d file for this motor and mast? And fill in with epoxy is stronger?

Three times yes. If you want it I can mail it

1 Like

Please send it. I sent you a message private. Thanks a lot

thanks. Just drill some holes and fill it up with epoxy?

Correrct, and 0% infill

I think it is 48x32x11.4

2 Likes

Next step, building box out of coated plywood (?Siebdruckplatte in German)

you could just fiberglass on the foam directly!! thats what I did and it worked great!!

Hm…maybe too late. I am kind of thin to the bottom already. I think a use of wooden enforcement is mandatory now.

up to you but mine is layered directly on the outer layer of the board (no foam on the bottom) and it holds up very well so beside if your board composition is very flimsy, it should be fine with 3 layers of S-glass and maybe another one on the outside of the board!

Hi folks,

long post incoming:

some updates I want to give / also some questions to adress. As usual your feedback is very much appreciated. I spent much time at the moment to design box for electric and the arrangement of the components themself. I have chosen a wooden box which will be accessible by two round hatches (one big and one small). Two because I want to have separate chambers for devices dealing with water (pump / ESC) and the rest. Basically it should look like this:

Due to the weight of the box I change the bottom to a much thinner wood, just to give it some floor at all.

I still have a couple of cm foam and glass and the walls of the box are kept this broad (9mm) which will give additional strength.
I was wondering how to fix the waterproof cable feed-through properly.
They are already kinda tight in the wood since the hole is a little bit smaller. They do not have enough thread to tighten from inside. I was thinking to form a little dam with tape and fill this with epoxy (outer side). Would this be an approach?

Overall goal should be to avoid any water dripping in. According to Murphys law I had to think about a solution how to be warned if this unwanted event occurs. I found these annoying water sensors on BG which are really sensitive and loud. They will be placed in each compartment (noise warning :wink: )

Either I just run them with 9V block as designed or connect them to UBEC with resistor. The pump will get a separate switch do deactivate, due to my biggest concern -> some kind of issue with the water tubes.

I have more but for the moment I better stop :slight_smile:

Cheerio,
Jan

2 Likes

Hey, that looks good.
Could you give me the link to the sensor?

[6,71€]Water Leak Alarm System Water Leaking Detector 120dB Home Security Flood Alert Detection Overflow Sensor Bathroom from Home and Garden on banggood.com
https://banggood.app.link/zhqlRherb3

Great! I `ve ordered already…
Thanks

Bored on a sunday? Check out 10min underwater test (cam in box) without anything happen. Good for me.

Method

Inbox

Cheers Jan

2 Likes