New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

500A 22s flyer esc at 11s

Now timing at 30 degrees and it is possible to run the motor by a lot playing with the throttle. Very strange. At 5 degrees it also works. The 100kv is 106kv without load, that is good. It takes 110 watt full throttle at 42v in or outside the water, that is the same. At 30 timing it takes 130 watt.

Now I wonder how to fix the stuttering

If setting available , try gain or min amp apply on start

For flier : under start power :20-40% if your software has it

why you not use 15 degrees ? most 6 pole Motors with low kv love this Setup. khz not too high Setting! max is 12 better 8 -10 on these Motor type. )

1 Like

With the 120kv I had exactly the same issue with both Flier 300A and 500A. Tried 12s 14s, all timing setting one by one and couldn’t get it to run ok.

I am not a expert on motor, but I noticed that at point you hit a wall : brand like tp motor I have used don’t offer 100kv or 130kv , there must be a reason for that, I «think » it is pretty hard to physically run a low kv inrunner motor ( depending on quality , nb of poles …) at a low voltage to full potentiel.

For this kind of motor we need a good esc that test the motor, when I see what my vesc does in order to run the motor, and all the settings that can be done , for sure we are not just talking about if It will fry or not …

So I think we should not expect a smooth running just by looking at the max amp it can handle

This motor is not a BLDC it is a PMSM as mentioned earlier in this post. I expected it will needs FOC to run at his best which seems to be case. Will be able to test under load on the arc200 next week. A mate experienced exactly the same issue trying to run a PMSM from TP power with classic ESC.

3 Likes

I have both types with 100kv compared in the load test. the deviation is below 2%. the regulation is equally good for both. with sensors I consider absolutely unnecessary in the field of water sports. I have tried both with the mgm HBC and with my deutronik sinus power controller. D-Sinus 180 - Deutronic Elektronik GmbH
In my bord, however, I only use the mgm HBC. the Deutronik is otherwise installed in my large model airplane.

1 Like

Well I tried all kinds of settings, nothing works at the Flier ESC. I tried other firmwares and it got worse, so it has influence, maybe with other firmware it will run good. hopefully Flier can help.

I was in touch with them they havent been able to help unfortunately

Ok. I have this really big 500A Flier esc with watercooling that stays cold 27 degrees C at 6kw. Now I cant use it.

I wonder what controller would be good. Not too pricey

Virus had it working with the Swordfish 300A…

The bottom motor looks larger than the top motor. Is that just caused by the angle of the photo? Are they pretty much exactly the same?

I emailed Flier customer support. We have the 400 amp Flier ESC. Waiting on the Flipsky 120kv motors to arrive.

I sent all the motor specifications and links to the videos you guys posted of the jerky studdering motor.

They replied and said

" For our ESC, its PWM is 1-2ms@50HZ, which havent FOC function.
You can try to adjust start power value and timing value on program software.
Here is the link: Download Center-Brushless Electric Regulation Shenzhen Brushless Electric Regulation Manufacturer | High Power Electric Regulation | High Voltage Electric Regulation | Ultra High Voltage Regulation, pls download V32software and USB driver two software.
Usually, Start power is: 30-100%, timing is 15-30 degree and you can adjust these two value one by one, then choose the best value.
After your try, pls tell me the results.

Regards,

Cathy"

…End quote

Can one of you guys with the flier ESC confirm you have done these steps? Update the software, and try the motor with those settings? The software update might fix it? Maybe we can send Flier a motor to test with this ESC. I’m hoping a software update might fix it…

I’ll let you guys know when we get our motors. Bummed to hear this setup is having issues.

–Flightjunkie

Representative from Flier emailed me again saying

" Thanks for your feedback.
Pls try the value which I suggest you, then tell me results.
If you dont solve out it, we are willing to make the test to you and you can ask maytech company send the motor to us.

Regards,

Cathy

yes the same. angle by the photo make the differnt.

How much does it cost ? The leaflet mentions “telemetry”. Could you show us a print screen ?

I tried all settings. At 5 degrees etc it wont run at all. At 30 degrees it can run by playing with the throttle a lot. But takes more amp to run and is getting warmer. Other settings no influence. Other firmware stuttering getting worse. So maybe with new firmware it can work

I’m waiting for the ESC test results. I like Flier 400A satisfied the MTI 65162 engine.