New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Witch prop are you using?

It’s a version of a boat prop I have modified. I use it on my geared drive with good results. We’ll see how it works on the direct drive though.

if someone needs very simple cad data to mill an adapter for maytech, he can gladly have the data. the out diameter you must then adapt to your system. Here too, the data for the rear part to the propeller. These are 3 rings that have been glued and then brought into shape on the lathe. in the case of the boards, you still need to laminate some fabric inside with resin to seal it. the drawing is prepared for the additional oil seal with 24 mm / 5 mm.

The flipsky was ordered a few days ago with out of stock status but today it was delivered here at my house in the Netherlands. Looks and feels great. I think I want to buy a takuma v100 foil for this.

Does someone know a 3d file that I can use so I can print a mount for the foil mast ?

Very good news. How much was the total bill for item + shipping + import duties ?

I paid 400€ for the unit and shipping and another 40 for customs. This was to Germany

I payed €410 for it with shipping included. And €62,50 tax, to the Netherlands.

Hi, I am very interested in this. I am trying a lot in tinkercad and slight mods should be no issue. Recently I was working on a design which will only use 4x M5x100 bolts; so I am not just sitting around waiting for finished goods :wink: the 4 holes can be sealed with resin afterwards. I am just curious how more experienced members are dealing with these new motors

1 Like

I still have to make a design for my liquid force thruster mast. But I don’t know when I will start. I have 2 working efoils with gearboxes that have a lot of power. I hope I m not disapointed with this direct drive motor. Still looking for a good prop too.

I paid 414 euro for motor incl shipping and 55 DHL customs and VAT. To the Netherlands

Now a good mount and prop and go before summer ends

no more 80100 :stuck_out_tongue:

Well. I still use that. But it is a 130kv and spinning so fast will cost me power by just running the motor alone in water. So I build a new thing with new foil. So stable that I can ride it in the winter too :smile:

Actually 130kv is not too fast. The FR motor has proven that it’s useable for a faster efoil with a good prop.

I have an efoil with 800kv and 6:1 motor chief gearbox, so kv is 800/6 about the same as the 130kv direct drive. It is fast but not too fast. I love it to have some extra power when needed. I think I have more torque then flying rodeo direct drive but I have heard that it is a very strong motor. Now I also have the flipsky 120kv but I think it will not be so fast, I still have to try it. I run it at 14s.

I was talking about an c80100 motor that is an outrunner and will take a lot of watt to just spin the rotor. A 80kv will probably do it better. An inrunner like flipsky and FR motor etc as an inrunner will not spin the rotor through the water. My c80100 at 14s took 4kw unloaded by just spinning in the water without prop. Ofcourse with prop it spin slower

4kw by just spinning the motor is realy bad. I did not know it would take that much power. I never used something like this because I don’t like that my electronic and mechanic components get wet.

I believe others have 900 watt of losses with less rpm, that is not so much since a gearbox, sealings etc also has it losses. But 4 kw losses is way too much.

You shouldn’t really have any larger losses because of the KV. I suspect there’s a short on the phase leads or something. Are the motors identical other than the KV?

1 Like

I had a prepared 80100 120kv Unloaded it was taking approx 900w full throttle in the water
,and a 63100 with 120kv was taking approx 350w.

4kw is impossible unless your motor is damaged

Without front cap it took 4kw. With cap took 3kw. At 14s. Now with 11s it takes 1.7kw as you can see in the video. A bit less throttle it is 900 watt. By the water you can see it spins the water a lot.

I just tried the flipsky. But it is not running good. Just turning slow stuttering. I tried timing at 30 and 5. And pwm at 8 and 16khz