New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

I take on the challenge :slight_smile: It is then very important to have the same speed. in weight, we are very equal to 85 kg. yes, of course, at the moment more poles are the answer. I have been flying with 42 or 48 poles engines for years. At the e foil, I expect a higher overall efficiency from the inner rotor when it is perfectly tuned. that is a challenge. but feasible. I will show in the coming weeks complete logs of the drive data in the video. we will see.

Looking good ! For the same numbers speed/km… I need 60a on the battery and about double the wh …

I tried to switch to your RL wing but I wasn’t able to fly ( not enough skills I guess) , the takuma V100 seems very very easy after trying 30min …

May be my board is too long with the battery in front …

Here are some pictures of how the motor with the milled part is attached to the mast. furthermore, the tail for the passage of motor to the propeller. is glued together from cfk rings and then shaped on the lathe. i did it like in the past with the spinners of model airplanes.

1 Like

Nice.
How did you achieve this? FR Motor and new foil?

Which speed controller are you running with the FR motor?

In the pool I just measured the maytech 65 /162: a rope attached and lying on the water surface. attach to the mast at the top of the boat. The nose on the board was held so that the nose can not ascend. The train was worth a maximum of 72 kilograms at 54 V / 146 A. the water temp. 26 degrees celsius, sweet water. it is a huge increase in performance against my previous drive. which, of course, is mainly due to the large propeller with 180 mm and the strong torque of the 6-pole in-runner. The scales I have used is a calibrated digital scale which is suitable for up to 200 kilograms.

2 Likes

You achieved 72kg with the Solas propeller , 3,5hp plastic one ?

yes, on 4200 U /min 72 kg. complete sanded and work on it by Hand too geht more Performance. without sanding and Hand working on it. 65 kg.

Maytech 65/162 so is it the 195kv? And you are running it at 14s but limited at 4000rpm?

I just ordered a flipsky 100kv, I hope it will be the same as maytech since Virus has good results with it. I was thinking of 120kv but can always go for higher pitch prop.

This is the first Bollard pull test for the past 12 months since @Frage did it with a bathroom scale in a swimming pool (Bollard push). It shows a surprising result. Could anybody do the same thing with a Flying Rodeo motor ?

My tests with this prop : top right worked the best but no more than 22km/h with my old setup( rpm maxed at 3100 ) … good thrust …

https://efoil.builders/uploads/default/original/2X/6/6329c8c5a15266f3d02767307bb8f638afaa71b3.jpeg

See my post under « rpm drop … »

At least we known 65150 and Solas work …

Looks like pegasus has similar motor…at least it`s back and shaft look familiar…
https://www.instagram.com/p/B11btm4H1Me/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

2 Likes

Well spotted! I bet its the same motor. You definitely wouldn’t bother cutting your shaft like that otherwise…

1 Like

Almost ready to rumble…

9 Likes

What is the recommended ESC for the FLipsky FS65161 (100kv)? Swordfish? MGM? Others?

I have not run it in water yet, but it dry runs well with the ARC200. I would imagine the various VESC’s would also do a good job.

Witch prop are you using?

It’s a version of a boat prop I have modified. I use it on my geared drive with good results. We’ll see how it works on the direct drive though.

if someone needs very simple cad data to mill an adapter for maytech, he can gladly have the data. the out diameter you must then adapt to your system. Here too, the data for the rear part to the propeller. These are 3 rings that have been glued and then brought into shape on the lathe. in the case of the boards, you still need to laminate some fabric inside with resin to seal it. the drawing is prepared for the additional oil seal with 24 mm / 5 mm.