New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Were you driving FOC mode on the ARC200?

Mast mount test fit…looks good

9 Likes

Looks great. Is that machined from Delrin?

Injection moulded FR mount for the gongsup mast.

2 Likes

Nice. Is it a 65mm outer diameter ? Is it a dedicated FlipMayReach pre-series or from the existing FR 6x mm model ? How is the clamping function ensured on the motor ?

Hi Jezza,
Can you show how is fixed the Mount to the motor?
Thanks
Giacomo

1 Like

Nice, a shame David is out of stock, this FR mount would have saved me few hours of work molding one :sweat:

I got mail :slight_smile:

4 Likes

looks exactly same as maytec, thought the side with the shaft is more like the reacher…does somebody know why they have the this shape on the shaft side?

This motor is really picky with ESC.

It was working fine on the bench free spinning with a Turnigy AquaStar 240A ESC but does really weird thing under-load in the water at 57% throttle.

At the moment only the swordfish I have borrowed seems to work.

What settings are you using on the swordfish?

Correction Swordfish 300A doesn’t work either under-load. Couldn’t change setting as I borrowed it from a mate who was in the rush so the test is not really relevant.

On the Swordfish 240A (aquastar) I tried all setting and were getting better results at timing 0 and 2 with which I could reach 71% throttle but still this noise happening as soon I hit 71% throttle.

The higher I was increasing the timing value the lower the throttle % at which the issue was happening was (at timing 16 it was happening at 57% throttle). But then it was not an high pitch noise but more a big sudden vibration noise.

Do you have a ampmeter?

hello, my setup with the maytech 65/162 in-runner. 14 S (14 S 12 P Sony VTC 6), ESC MGM HBC Series 63 V / 250 A (industry version) Propeller initially Pacifier 4 sheets. Goes well. Currently a 180 mm trefoil. this has an extremely thrust and at 4000 / rev min at about 6.5 kilowatts more than enough power. I limited the 4000 rpm at the ESC. The engine could turn this Proepller even higher. the torque is very good.

Very important is the setup with the MGM or comparable esc.

Definitely the timming to 15 degrees! The active freewheel is activated but in “no synchro mode” with normal freewheeling mode, dr motor starts stuttering slightly from 65% gas. where it comes from is unclear to me. at the driving frequency, I use the automatic mode. 8 khz also go but in the automatic he is even more sensitive. but also no matter because the other mode works perfectly. I have to build a small fairing between the engine and the propeller. then it is perfect. I also install an additional oil seal. The cavity is then filled with grease. to the mast I milled a part of polyamide fiber reinforced. Here I additionally use a tape. so everything is absolutely waterproof. i know the maytech is waterproof. I still want a double security. I am very satisfied with the engine so far. also with the purchase. everything as discussed and timely. as a gas, I also use that of maytech. greetings I hope the translater has translated well.

1 Like

this prop aktually my favorite for the maytech Motor: Outboard Propeller Für Tohatsu3.5HP/Nissan2.5 3.5HP/Mercury3.5HP Marine Boat Neu | eBay

hello, I guess your propeller is too big for a 12 S battery. that means the esc has to provide a lot of amps per phase as example 50% gas. That may be that the phase current is a few hundred amps high. It is clear the input current is only maybe 70 amps. the phase current is dangerous for the esc if it is too high. one cause is too much load in the lower speed range due to the prop. unfortunately, with the inner rotors, the torque only increases linearly with the speed. if you have the opportunity try a small propeller. I know it may sound strange but the inside runners are more difficult to tune in the driektantrieb than the outside runner with many poles. if your esc the software can also read the phase currents and voltage look there. Often you can see then that the voltage as an example only 20 volts but the phase current has converted well over 200 ampere. this extreme situation of volt and ampere then brings the rule behavior to the limit therefore often the melodious sound that sounds strange as in your video.

1 Like

For me numbers give a idea but this is not correct :
3018,9 / ( 44,5 x 0.50) = 135kv , it cannot have no rpm drop under load , torque needs rpm drop

Just saying that :wink:

Hi, my prop is 130mm 5.5inch pitch…

You are assuming that the motor and throttle are completely linear. I bet that’s not the case.