I have a mast that is thicker in every direction comparing the fuselage insert. The holes don’t match too.
- Make a very rigid connection between the mast and fuselage. Preferably as rigid as usual factory-build where mast fits fuselage perfectly
- Still keep the fuselage compatible with the old mast. This is not mandatory but would be really nice to have.
- Somehow find some small CNC shop that would be able to scan the mast and then CNC the fuselage. Cost probably will be high. The extra hole or two will not be that good for the fuselage, but probably not too damage to structural strength.
- Weld a small piece of the old mast to this new mast. The good thing that the fuselage will be still compatible with the old mast. Probably some risk that the welded seam will not hold the load.
- Sand down the thick mast so it fits into the old fuselage. Will need to drill two extra holes on the fuselage. I don’t think it’s possible to sand down the mast accurately so the final outcome probably will not be that rigid.
Maybe somebody did this before? Any ideas?