Fr 2019 motor system

6S? Are the waves helping you get up on the foil, or are you using a very slow foil (which one)? I have used an FR motor and while its great and efficient, there is no way it would get me up on 6S. I needed 12S and 50A to be foiling properly.

Yer 6s is all you need @ 80% throttle to fly @ about 40-45 amps.

there is a test video i did on 6s

2 x 6s 16Ah in parallel

4 Likes

Hey Jezza.

I can easily get on foil with 6s no problem on flat water. I don’t need the waves although once u are riding them you can reduce throttle to almost 0% and still foil if you adjust your weight balance to account for the drag.

Takes about 50-60 amps to get up easily and once on the foil its drops back to about 40 45 amps.

i have tried it on 12 s but its WAY to much power to surf waves with as you loose so much throttle resolution as you need very fine throttle control to ride waves IMO and experience and 12s when i tried it made it more difficult for no added benefit.

this is my 12 S video text but i dont think i got past 80% throttle as it was too fast for me.

the wings i use is the Axis 82 its very nice but i haven’t flown on other wings to know whats different

tomorrow i will post on my other board i have been playing with also with a FR setup but in a much shorter board.

i have tried on 6s 2x 22Ah in parallel and its very good for surf also.

BUT i have 300 amp 15s controller now with data logging to get you all some data on the system using 12s hopefully i have the balls to get 100% throttle this time.

3 Likes

You have found the perfect plastic boxes for your FR hatch :ok_hand:

As a memo, with a nominal 3.7v voltage we have with a wing surface that could be divided by 2 :
take-off: 55A - 1220W
flight: 43A - 950 W

1 Like

Nice build INSIDE HATCH :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These are OLD photos I have much nicer boxes and hatches coming for the electronics and batteries to match the nice board.

2 Likes

I was just on vacation in Croatia and could try out my board with FR system. I am totally enthusiastic about the FR motor system. Since I am a beginner, I never gave full throttle. But I still reached 30 km/h. Thanks David, great performance!

5 Likes

Nice, i love your grip pad …Where did your but it ?

Fantastic build! Got any more picturs of the board, battery and electronics housings?

Looks like this one: eBay

Great build by the way :+1:

2 Likes

I ordered the mat in China, but much bigger.

I’ll upload the pictures later.

1 Like

That looks very smart!

Nice build :hugs: you hapy / me hapy

:surfing_man:‍♂:dash:

1 Like

Many thanks to all for the praise!:grinning:

Do you have motor units and gong mast clamps in stock and for sale at present?

Yes we have right now finished :hugs: :pray:

2 Likes

You still don’t have the Gong clamp only by any chance?

1 Like

Ideal. How much for what’s in the picture, please?