Fr 2019 motor system

Order both. You’ll always be able to sell the one you dont want.

1 Like

6” and 7” is not so large difference. I’d guess you can just lower rpm to 6/7 to match it if you’re looking for similar performance

1 Like

Exactly what @jezza said - since you are probably ordering 3, get 2 @ 6" and 1 @ 7". I’ll trade or take the 7" if you don’t want it.

1 Like

Yeah, FS65161 120kv with 14S most likely. Still kind of trying to decide between 12S and 14S. Using 12S would allow me to use my esk8 charger and a Finnish FlexiBMS that is directly Metr compatible.

Thanks for the input. I might actually order 2x 6" and 1x 7", that seems like a good plan.

I also expected such an answer … Without meaningfulness and facts :rofl:

1 Like

Are we using Jezza’s google spreadsheet? I’ve emailed Flying Rodeo directly but I’d like to make this as easy as possible.

I assume his finger was super steady and his throttle control was identical on both rides. Otherwise he simply can’t draw a comparison.
To really compare 2 props you need to make sure you use identical throttle and acceleration curves in a controlled environment.

Double standard?

2 Likes

I guess you don’t know marine engineering or maths well enough…

At any given instant if you have: voltage, current, accurate speed, rpm and propeller pitch, you have every value you need to calculate the efficiency at any time in a dynamic environment for your setup. The only 3 variables you want controlled (which is easy enough) are wind, water speed and the same foil so that their affects become negligible.
With all of those, you can calculate both the instantaneous efficiency at every sampling point and then the overall average efficiency of the prop.

All theoretically, my standpoint remains the same. But thanks for trying!

Btw you did get that I was just referencing a statement from you right? :smile:

3 Likes

Its a free world, you free to your point of view…

Reaching hard there to pull a comment I made about another situation in another thread and use it completely out of context here!!! But again you free to tickle your own fancy…
Get a 6" and a 7" and see what happens. FR will welcome the business. Just make sure you can get the GPS working on your phone properly this time so you not going fastest when you turning :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At least I am able to provide real data :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Real data with the inaccurate speeds #trumpspedometer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#trumpspeedometr
Char

Better than no data!
Keyword engine test :blush:
The 7 "prop is definitely worth considering for light riders … Plus a faster wing …

I will put it on the 100kv, should be a suitable match

I run a 7.x inch two blade on the 100kv with heavy me without problem. Top speed around 38, in some turns even 41 km/h. I just hope the FR will run much more silent and less vibrational, also less amp consuming

1 Like

hi, I have Flipsky 100kv. I don’t know if I should choose FR propeller 6 or 7. I don’t need a speed of 40 km / h, I’m more interested in battery savings and a speed of about 30 to 35 km / h. Which requirements will you recommend for me? 6 or 7?

1 Like

I have not tested the 7 Inch yet, still I would recommend it. The 6inch gets boring pretty fast on 100kv, believe me. If it’s too fast in the beginning you can always set limits in your vesc (eg erpm) to slow it down. You need a vesc to do so

Boring on 12S or 14S?

Woops, 12S ofc

Char 20

1 Like