Felix's fast E-Foil build from Austria

Flipsky copys official VESC6 schematics, so they use the DRV and 60V Mosfets together with 63V caps. Which definitely will burn at 14S, even 13S are quite risky, since Flipsky might not really know what they are doing (e.g. the FS6.6 dual has issues in voltage reading circuit (which basically is a voltage divider), the 4.20 has wrong gate resistors…usw…).

Long story short, no matter if they have a pump, if you will power it with 14S it will burn.
So if you want to use any flipsky maytech or whatever vesc (beside vesc75/300 or A200S) you have to go down to 12S.

I have this ESC in my build. Works fine!
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/400A-Boat-ESC-16S-LiPo-68V-Opto-Flier-USB-Link-for-Brushless-Motors-/262590890644

This video of a submerged working ESC could let us think that it could be mounted above the mast plate, inside the 90 x 165mm screw pattern, without any or minimum waterproofing … :thinking::thinking:

It seems you are using a 12s15p battery: 12s = OK, 14s = destroyed :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to hear, but i as far as i know, Nobody ever has killed the 400A 16s flier.
It seems to be rock solid and „bulletproof“

yes, mine’s OK so far and last time i had an issue with the cooling system, the thermal protection seemed to worked well… but it doesn’t record anything…
so to get data, you need external device.
If i had to do it again, i’d buy a perhaps slightly more expensive one which can log and may be more configurable.

you must of course ensure that there are no overvoltages at the ESC. Make battery cables as short as possible, additional capacitors with low impedances, etc. I would also prefer to use 20S ESC with a 14S battery.:grin:

I’d have to say if I was going for a 14S build, then I would most likely get one of these: A200S V4.1 - TeamTriforceUK

I would then custom make a water-cooled heatsink for it.

1 Like

Ok thanks how do you log the data?

I’m using a eLogger V4 with a RPM sensor, temp sensor and GPS… it’s nice to have all the data in one file, but it’s a bit expensive…

Hi Mat, have you got the 100A or 150A eLogger V4?

the 150A. the wires leads are smaller than all the other wires I’m using but they are short, so it works fine :slight_smile:

How do you get RPM? Some sort of splice between the remote control receiver and ESC?

there is a sensor dedicated for the RPM, with 2 wires that solder on 2 phases of the motor. then you need to setup the number of poles and it gives the RPM.

1 Like

Hey mat. I fanally recived my 400a flier esc. But I didnt get any cable for programming. Can i program it with my remote?

It looks like this

Hi, von wo bist Du?
Ich bekomme demnächst meinen 400er komplett.
Eventuell könnten wir uns da zusammen tun :wink:

I’m not sure you can program it without the cable…
it attaches to the 4wire with the white one in the middle.

The adapter doesn’t look very complicated, there might not be any electronic inside so may be you can make one. I’m in the process of moving and mine is in a container on the middle of the Atlantic, may be someone can check their with a multimeter… or google might know…

Salzburg zell am see.

Danke klingt sehr cool sonst bestell ich ihn mir über modellpirat oder so kostet aber 30 EURO.
Und ich hab 110euro zoll zahlen müssen bin richtig sauer.

Aber danke

Thanks im very pissed because I must pay 120EUROS TAXES.

Yes it was very expensive.

ich komme aus der Stadt Salzburg. Bin erst beim bauen und habe dem Volker seinen 400er abgekauft.
Denke da ist alles dabei. Ich kann Dir wie gesagt anbieten das ich ihn Dir zur Verfügung stelle, ebenso ist ein Programmiergerät dabei.
Hoffe das Teil ist bald da :slight_smile: