Felix's fast E-Foil build from Austria

Super danke

24 characters

Guys GUYS IT GETS VERY VERY TIGHT. LOOK AT THIS:

Do you think would the 100A version suffice for a 10800 130KV - Flier 400A esc build? :slight_smile:

In theory it should, but with thinner wires it might heat up even moreā€¦
I think I read here about at least one person who burnt one, so it might be safer to have some marginā€¦

Which wires do I need to connect and what should I do with the other ones?

Thanks

on the battery side, you can either connect them together or use only one of eachā€¦
regarding the thinner black wire, itā€™s meant to charge the capacitors to avoid sparks when you connect the battery, but Iā€™m not using it as I have anti spark connectors.
finally the one with 3 colors goes to your receiver.
the motor side is straightforwardā€¦ if it spins the wrong way, just swap 2 of the wiresā€¦ .

Thanks what should i do with the other wires? + -? And can i program a current limit?

just isolate the ends to void shortcut and youā€™re okā€¦
I donā€™t think you can limit current, but you can see a limit on the power in %ā€¦ I didnā€™t play much with that yetā€¦

Is the difference between the 100A and 150A versions simply the wire gauge (awg)? If I replaced the wires on the 100A model with 8AWG wire do you think it would suffice for the 130KV direct drive board?

Do i need the anti spark wires? Flier 400a

Iā€™m not sureā€¦ may be the tracks on the board are stronger too ā€¦ you can try sending them a mail may be ā€¦

1 Like

if you donā€™t have antispark connectors, it might be better to connect the antispark first and then the main negative cable.

First test with the flier 400a went fine. I connected the cables fast and dirty (just for testing). I already noticed this thing has power. Mat! Whatā€™s your start-up? speed mine is struggling to start-up.

Thanks

Do you have any problem with the remote?

my board in a container right now so I canā€™t check, and I canā€™t put my hand on the screenshot I madeā€¦ but I programmed my remote to ramp up kind of slowly, and and I think you can program a % power at startup or something like thatā€¦ try playing with it.
also, you should try it in waterā€¦ be ready to flood your bathroom, but it might behave differently when itā€™s loadedā€¦

Im sure I had my start up on autoā€¦

Nope cheap China remote no problem.

Yeah I have the same one but I had problems with the throttle working intermittently. Also, itā€™s not 100% waterproof so I suggest you put a condom over it for water testing. Mine stopped working after the first test day.

I opened it and did some hotglue over the bms of the battery(there was a uncoated conatct)

Mine works fine and Alexā€™s his too

do you have a link for buying?

Is it this one?