Felix's fast E-Foil build from Austria

What thanks really is it really only for 12s I used it for 14. So that’s the reason why it wasn’t working correctly. Ok I need a 14s 200a esc which I can program to max 120amps. And under 300€.

That would be great

The arc 200 ? The only one I am thinking of

Is there someone who testet the Flipsky or Maytech Vesc 200A successfully?

Yge 205 HVT with watercooling housing.

ARC200 is for 12s maximum.

There is non 14S ESC with current limiting function below 300€. The cheapest I know is the A200S with 350GBP and it is currently not in stock.

14S is a bit of a pain in the butt. Too close to the 60V limit of most ESCs (because of 60V MOSFETS) and most times not worth getting a expensive 75V ESC.

Still if you get a nice 75V ESC like the VESC75/300 or the A200S you wont need watercooling, just give it a little bit thermal mass (like a small aluminium plate) and you are fine.

Correct the ar200s i was thinking of

This one maybe. Not sure it has been tested.

Try the second hand market on this forum

and on https://www.electric-skateboard.builders

2 Likes

Nice find! The water-cooled version of the Flipsky VESC is definitely new.

Ok thanks i Think i dont need a current limit because I have a display where I can read the current. So and the new Filpsky has a water pump in the esc? That would be really cool.

No you need an external pump.

But it is 12s only according to specs

What do you guys Think about that one:
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/400A-Boat-ESC-16S-LiPo-68V-Opto-Flier-USB-Link-for-Brushless-Motors-/262590890644

Cant do anything wrong with it.
Proven ESC, that works

It is better to have a current control because you cannot watch stand up and play with the remonte , display doesn’t always records pics amp , and I don’t think you put the amp meter on the motor phase cable , in the air motor pic amp can go over 90A , some esc have limit control over the motor amp… the best is to get planing speed fast lying down and take off soon , with my board it can be done with 90a , but easier with 130a and fun with 250a ( amp on motor side)

Does this esc have current control?

Don’t buy this crap, we burnt 3 fliers esc, one burnt by plugging the battery !!! another burnt because overtemp never worked etc
Go for a flipsky or maytech 200a vesc

Ok but @Mat has proven that this is a working esc.

Of course it can work such as It can explode for no reason, Maybe the 400a is ok we mainly destroyed 200 and 300a, I have built 4 working efoils and spent thousands of €€.
flier products got me swimming back many times…

I had 2 400A flier esc. Broken, but that was at 10kw jet drive. Now I have the 500A flier that is 3x as big as the 400A. Tried 10kw for a while at c80100 motor. No problem so far