ZD planetary gearboxes

Hello, very nice forum you’ve got going here! I’ve been interested in building an electric boat propulsion system akin to torqeedos for close to two years now. I haven’t gotten very far, so its very exciting to see all of your progress!

Anyhow, through my internet scouring I have discovered a gearbox that, to me, looks very promising for this kind of application. However, I can’t find any experiences of it or useful forum discussions about it!

The 1-stage models are rated up to 60 N, around 4 times the neugart ple 40, and the 60x60 mm flange makes for a 85 mm can. At $140 thats very good imo, but the size might discourage someone looking for a very lean design. I don’t think these look like the average low performance planetaries found on aliexpress and ebay, but that doesn’t make them the chinese neugarts either! Any input?

@olfox I think the maximum input speed of that gearbox is only 3000 rpm which is far to slow

It looks like the 070 is rated for 5000 rpm normal and 10000 rpm max according to the sheet. I think that’s the perfect range for cheap outrunners and doable for some inrunners!