Wisconsin Build Finally Coming Together

Put them on thingiverse and then share a link.

Dope thank you good Sir

Alright I have a support ticket in to Thingiverse currently but I have the files prepared if anyone is in a rush to view them send me your email and I will forward you the files otherwise I’d imagine I’ll here back from them soon

1 Like

I ended up using my battery box cover as a heat sink. Should absorb plenty of heat and the cover will be naturally cooled by water intermittently coming in contact with it. I feel that due to the large volume of the cover it should always maintain a cooler temperature than the ESC. I tried to test the setup today but when placing the motor and board into the water I was unable to receive any throttle response.

After assuming I had a leak somewhere and probably fried everything I picked the board out of the water and when trying the throttle it worked perfectly. THANK GOD!!! My receiver and transmitter are both the Nano X and have worked before. Strangest thing is that the motor would respond if i lifting the back end of the board out of the water roughly 8 inches, even with the foil and motor remaining submerged a foot or two. Once this is figured out I will have results on the effectiveness of the cover functioning as a heat sink. Has anyone else faced this difficulty?

1 Like

Made up a quick secondary cover to test the reception difference and it worked. Only problem was that I wasn’t able to elevate. My thoughts are that the choppy waters increased the drag or my foils are not generating enough lift? Any thoughts?

What mode were you in on the arc200 and what current settings did you use? You should be able to grab a log off there I believe as well.

Let me look into this. I wanted to pull the logs but got side tracked and have yet to do so

I got an arc200 as well, was working on finishing a board soon!

1 Like

I added the Data Log to the Thingiverse motor files post above

Current Setup:
ESC: Arc200
Battery: (2 in series) Turnigy Multistar 6S 20000mAh 10C (20C Peak Discharge)
Gearbox: Parker PV40TN-005 5:1
Motor: SSS 56104/500KV
Foil: CR:X
Propeller: Pacific’s 3 Blade Propeller (Rev3)

Am i missing something that is preventing this system from working?

Alright finally got around to replacing part of the aluminum hatch lid with a 6" x 2.5" x 1/4" poly-carbonate window. This fixed the issue of the receiver connection issues and leaves room for the battery monitors to be displayed as well (once they arrive). Also I previously voiced concern for my weather stripping, however after a dozen runs and being fully submerged the battery box has yet to have a single drop get inside!

Did you burn that around the hatch??

Nope that was the color of the resin used to bond the fiberglass to the board. I have foam flooring for boats coming and prior to applying the foam flooring I am going to paint the board

What dimensions is tgat bix and where did you get it?

I made it! Had it welded up

This goes in the o-ring groove:

This sealant is phenomenal and has great strength:

I used this to seal the screw holes as well as to glue and seal the window in place

This is what was used for the window:

The ESC mounts to the cover and acts as a large volume heat sink

1 Like