VESC vs ESC: pro&cons for efoil

Hi Jake, may I ask which is the kV of the SSS56104 and what reduction ratio you are using ?
Thanks a lot

I have an almost new VESC 6 75/300 from TrampaBoards.com for sale $450 USD +Shipping

Hi Bazio. Its the 500KV SSS56104 with 5:1 ratio

I’m about to build my board. The 75/300 have already been here. :slight_smile:
I read that a killswitch can break the ESC. How do I protect the VESC? Or does that not matter to the VESC?
And is a killswitch realy important?

I got the vesc 75/300 a few days ago.
I can connect via usb to the vesc. But if i try to connect via bluetooth on android and vesctool there came an error message. “Could not read firmware version…”

Had anyone else this problem with the build in bluetooth?

Didn’t try on android , but with the usb match the the software update used with the FW of the vesc , or try a older version maybe
I had the problem with iOS app that didn’t have the latest update matching the FW of the vesc
The vesc isn’t shipped with the lastest FW , as some change has been made for the wand remonte on the latest vesctool …
You need to check maybe id number and pairing , in the vesc and on the android device as well to have to good communication

Ok, i have now the latest firmware on the vesc, no luck.

Id number pairing, i dont know what you mean. I find the vesc via bluetooth but when i try to connect the error messages appears.

android 1.22 ? what FW on the vesc ?

android and windows 1.25 and FW on Vesc 3.62

Yea. Flipsky emailed me back saying they are currently working on a VESC for 14s battery packs. So, I think you are right.

Don’t Flipsky already have a VESC for 14S - Flipsky 200A?

Hi, how do you know which hardware Verion do you have at your VESC 75/300.
I read there are HW Version 1 and 2 but i cant find how the see wich it is.

I have v1 , v2 probably is out since a couple month
With v2 you can simply turn off internal BT with vesctool if you want to use a external module

ok, but how to you know which version you have?
I think on the backplate is some info for this. But i am not sure.
Also on the package i have a Info

I check enable BT in vesctool and i was still able to connect my phone in BT , i recall the red light on the vesc is on when BT is on

Sorry don’ t have it with me

This i cant test, because i cant connect via bluetooth.

You can check the light on the vesc and you can check if the phone see a BT , transfert data is another things

Ask @Giga I think I used 75/300 and android

Just connect it to your PC via USB and check the VESC-Tool. On the Firmware page there is HW and FW version listed. If it says V2 it will be V2 if it says just 75/300 then it is V1…

Ok thanks for the Info.

This means either it is bricked, or you connected to the wrong bluetooth device.
Since you said it is new, I guess the latter…
What was the name in VESC-Tool (android) you tried to connect to?
The default bluetooth name of the VESCs is [VESC xx:xx:xx] where xx stands for the BLE Mac adress