VESC vs ESC: pro&cons for efoil

Forgotten in the list, similar in name but VESC and metr.at compatible … the A200s 16S 200A
340GBP or 375€ or 345USD for export outside EU.

This list was just about the vesc and the arc200 that I know for sure people using them and flying with them :wink:
Is someone flying with the A200s ?

If you drop the heatsink and make your own you can get it for £260 which is a pretty good price I think.

1 Like

Our first real world motor test

Motor test

3 Likes

Looks good, any pics of the motor unit?

3 Likes

Nice. Is that Maytech motor? How can your current be -5A?

“Is that Maytech motor?”

This is our custom made motor designed and assembled in France :slight_smile:
It took us 6 months effort and an important investment but results are good and we hope to improve,
33km/h was not full throttle, it might be close to 40km/h with the correct prop.
Our efficiency is in the 93% range (50volts at 2kw)
Our motor is designed with help of engineers working in submarine motors.

We will sell it complete with full carbon foil (maybe we will sell spare motors)

I forgot, yes negative is regenerative fonction, useful to make the board stop quickly and avoid risk of collision with the mast for example…

coming soon

2 Likes

All negative are indicating regenerative breaking. Quite useful if you dont want to fall in a rotating prop.

2 Likes

Looks promising :+1:
20chars

1 Like

My question:
Why are Amps so jerky, even when throttle is almost constant :face_with_monocle::thinking::question:
At 17:18:13 Amps jump 33A 5A 30A 19A 32A

Alien power remote in a plastic bag :smiley: very difficult to keep constant

1 Like

what vesc are you using?

Flipsky or maytech both works well but on a very optimized system, I ride at 35A
for other motors I was using flier 300A when continuous currents was close to 50A

1 Like

Why are only the two mentioned and not the one from Vedder?

1 Like

I use Vedders 75/300 and it’s an awesome ESC. A few others here use it as well. The price is the only reason a lot of people don’t use it.

pretty sure it will be the best VESC model our there in term of performance , but the 300A is close to 600€ !!

Can you please share share one of logs? Or information about battery current draw. Wondering what would be the max current draw and for how long at start before foiling also current draw when start foiling

Sure, here’s one I got a while back with FR’s 3 blade propeller, you sort of need to skip to halfway for it to show getting onto the plane and for it to get a bit more interesting - this is the SSS56104 and PLE040:

5 Likes

I bet flipsky is already copying it. Or maybe not, Vedder didn’t release the schematic so they wouldn’t have anything to copy. But the code is out there and that tells you the pin config and the sense ratios so making a clone vesc 75/300 isn’t that hard.

1 Like