The Surffic / Cimi Sports / Tiki Factory thread - Info for the DiYer

After waterproofing it, you could probably pair the new 2005 Maytech remote with the CIMI/Flitefoil/Glidefoil efoil. This new 2005 remote has been developed for eskaters but it is cheaper (86usd) than the 1905 (149usd) and offers a very interesting feature for kids :

@Amarttos This Maytech 2005 remote is even better than I initially thought. According to @heddan99 you can program your max throttle % for each level:

This means level one max position could increase by 5 to 10% each day your kids are learning. This gives them time to learn and make progress.

Flitefoil dropped their price in the USA.
They are selling the manta e-foil for U$ 6900.
Extra battery U$ 1200.
Is it worth?
Some revisions said that their wing is to small and it would be difficult for beginners, that is exactly my case…
Also, what’s the final veredicto about the remote control?
Is it better to wait and buy the new get foil that will be USA made for 5000 for the basic model, 6000 for the extended range model or 7000 for the performance model?
Thanks

But looks like the Maytech 2005 is not compatible to foils. They say that do not have ensued mode, only esk8 mode. Also, the 2005 is ip66 water proof class, while the 1905 is ip67 double waterproof class…

I am concerned that Avante gives only a 6 months warranty.
If you cannot give at least one year warranty says a lot about the product…
You do not trust it to give the usual one year warranty?
For me this is a red flag…
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

That’s the main problem.
I bought devices in the past, that were new developments, from Europe and some from Asia.
If they have a defect, it is just a nightmare. That’s way, to spend between 7 and 12 thousand dollars I believe that, since I live in the USA, I need a product that have warranty, customer support and a way to repair in the USA.
The same thing happens if you live in Europe , need to have this available in Europe.
To buy something from China and try to have the warranty honored can be a challenge…
To buy something in Europe and try to have warranty and repair in the USA can be a long process, if the company is too small or a start up…

I agree 6 month is not that great but at least they are in US and you might be able to negotiate the warranty

@Jakos How is it holding up after all these months? How many charge cycles have you been through?

The Cimi boards are sold in Canada under MSLR brand for a few years now and work well. They are also sold in England.
Many have been ridden over 100 times.
The Cimi trading company is back on Alibaba selling this board into the international market place.

Amazing news: MSLR as filled a patent that was granted in June 2023 :zipper_mouth_face:.
Very well described in terms of board building so useful for DiYers.

Patented Technology: The MSLED II is the world’s only patented efoil with integrated marine lighting + additional led lighting/Safety modes providing an unparalleled riding experience day and night

1 Like

Does anyone know what esc this brand uses? I have two boards and they work great however I want to change the remote on one to try out the fero remote. Thank you

All the components are Maytech.
The remote is currently version 2
The motor is 65152 and the vesc is 300 amps.
Would need to contact Cimi to find out more.
The information came from the Stinger foil website in Canada. Which sells this Cimi product.

Here an attempt to swap a Maytech by a Flipsky VX3 remote in an MSLR efoil board.
'Flipsky VX3 remote compatible with MSLR efoil? - #6 by SkipperTony

The question : what is this ESC brand and model ?