The Surffic / Cimi Sports / Tiki Factory thread - Info for the DiYer

Thanks for your reply.

To maintain costs low, they have probably used glass fibre only. Is you hatch waterproof ?

Did you eventually find a way to adapt a new plane to your CIMI mast ? Would you post some picts ?

A new US company is selling 11,000usd the white branded CIMI sports efoil :

MSLR Electric E-Foil is designed and built by passionate surfers and water enthusiasts

I’d be surprised if they sell any for $11k. Lift and Flite at least have a reputation to back up their asking price.

Another company selling this board for roughly half the price of MSLR https://flitefoil.com

Kind of funny how MSLR tries to make it sound like they’re the manufacturer of the board. I wonder if they’ve managed to trick any suckers into buying one for $11,000.

Hows the board working out? Can you share the link where you bought it?

Another one => Glidefoil.com

May I ask how much did they charge you for the import tax and the shipping to France ?
Shipping to the US is 800usd.

From the Flitefoil unboxing and assembling video, detail of the motor phase connectors with outside double O-rings connecting to the ESC. Wondering where those connectors come from :thinking:
200720 CIMI Mast connectors
200720 CIMI ESC connectors

Detail of the CIMI mast plate:
200720 CIMI Mast plate

1 Like

3800+VAT
Shipping board [(800+import taxe) + VAT]
Shipping battery The battery shipment is separate for product safety issues (dangerous product)

I bought from a French reseller, 6500€

2 Likes

@Jakos How is it holding up after all these months? How many charge cycles have you been through?

It holds up pretty well. I did about 20 charge cycles

Hi Can you provide the contact for them

Hi. this is a link to the product page on Alibaba. Did you get some more reviews regarding the product? are you getting one?

It seems they have removed the page. Does anyone have any contact for them?

Guys
what’s the final conclusion?
Is this a good efoil for a beginner?
Flitefoil is selling in the USA and giving warranty over here. And Proce is U$6999
We can find some new and nice models ( in Europe or Asia for the same price, but I am concerned about warranty and import taxes…
Please advice.
I am looking for something that does not need to go crazy fast to have fun with my 11-12 years old kids.
Thanks

I would go with Avante which technically is Takuma and it is much better product

You can still contact them via their Alibaba page, just look for CIMI Ningbo . The price is still 3800usd and shipping to the US/Europe in the 900usd price. To that you have to add import duties + VAT if any. So 4700usd x 1.5, you will not be very far from the Flitefoil price.

I think it is but I haven’t tested. The foil front wing has a round leading edge which is nice for beginners. Kids should wear a helmet and a floating vest IMHO. CIMI has put a lot of attention into details under the hatch. The Maytech remote weakness is its waterproofness r. it needs to be opened and waterproofed if used in salt water. @Jakos please chime in, after 40/50 charge cycles would you still recommend that efoil ?

1 - if you buy this efoil from CIMI, you know where to find spare parts in the US :wink:
2 - as 5 or 6 companies are selling this product, it cannot be a bad product.

Hello,

For an individual who wants to have fun with an inexpensive efoil, no worries.

3 Likes

Do we know where we can find these connectors? Or is there another solution?

I suppose they are custom around ODU connectors: