Swordfish X 300A help

I just received my Swordfish X 300A ESC from Alien. When I turn it on it beeps 3 times with the last beep being a slightly lower tone than the first two beeps.

I have it attached to a 40V battery.

My problem is that it is not providing any power to the receiver. When I check for power on the cables there is zero volts at the end of the wire. I believe that Brown is negative, Red is positive and Orange is signal, but I checked all 3 wires and got no power in any combination.

I looked at the configuration software and didn’t see anything in there about enabling power to it.

I also tried giving external power to the receiver such that only GND and signal were going into the device. I couldn’t get it to move.

If you are familiar with these ESC’s please let me know what you think.

The Swordfish ESC has no BEC. You need a UBEC (auxiliary BEC).

Ok, that explains it - I got it working with the external 5v to the receiver. Probably the first time there was something about my remote that locked it out.

Thank you for your help!

@dougm hello how long has the delivery of the ESC ALIEN? because I ordered an engine for my first Eskate and it took 14 weeks :rage::rage:

@Manu I was stunned at how quickly it arrived. I’d say a week max. Are you in the US?

Thanks, no i’m in France…

@Manu, yes, I’m pretty sure there’s some kind of magic pipeline between China and the US. Things that I order from Amazon arrive directly from China within a week.

1 Like