Source's build log

Put the deck padding on today

13 Likes

Did you cut up the pad like that, or did you buy it that way?
I like it! Im gonna steal that idea!!

2 Likes

I cut it up, I 3d printed a jig for the spacing. Was debating putting some black hex tiles in but I forgot

6 Likes

Got me some new bits 250 x 30Qs and a new spot welder

Making 2 x 16s 7p packs

1 Like

Started playing around with battery case design.
Will have 2 x 16S7P packs in parallel

4 Likes

Very sophisticated set up. :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

when switched off, is there still current draw from the bms?

Sorry I didnt see your comment earlier! The current draw on the bms is very minimal when it’s off. Something like 1ma.

Decided to upgrade the ol flier 400a esc to a Vesc

4 Likes

Had the first water tests this weekend, havent processed the video yet also still waiting for my metr module to get logs. I think I need a better wing now

4 Likes

What an awesome build! Had to lough about that wipeout pic too… :smiley:
I admire your perseverance in building your board!

Regarding wings, since i’m still learning i love the bigger ones >2000cm² or around 100cm wingspan
Next will be progressing to 1600cm² or 81cm wingspan on the RL Foilset.
I guess you’re using a 2018 Liquid Force Rocket Foil which is about 55cm wide.
That’s quite a sporty ride!

Thanks! Looks like we have the same wipe out style lol. Had a look through your build, very well put together! yep I’m trying to find a wing set that will fit the LF mast as the LF rocket foil is to hard for my friends to use. would also be nice to have cruising wing set!

1 Like

so some small observations/updates after using my Efoil for maybe 15 charges now.

1, the Trampa 100/250 Vesc seems to work fine with just an aluminum box filled with corrosionX and doesn’t over heat with the pump off (forgot to turn it on lol)

2, Had to move the antenna to the front of the board - works now even when its just underwater by a couple of cm

3, Run time is approx 2.5 - 3 hours and from looking at the remote (Metr module still hasn’t arrived yet) on the foil is 28 - 31 amps on my Cloud9 X32 wing, unsure of speed.

4, deck padding is starting to peal off, the hexagon shapes look nice but with all the edges to catch slowly lift when lying and scooting up to the front of the board.

5, if you lay on the board and go full throttle when you hit the water you become a submarine :laughing:

8 Likes

Anyone know where you can get these cool waterproof connectors?

cover in epoxy and carbon to make it strong

thank you. how do you cover something in carbon? just cut carbon material and lay it in with the epoxy?

I used a vacuum bag to do mine. But a wet layup could also work

Does that mean you coat it with epoxy, then carbon material, then use a vacuum bag? (i’m unfamiliar with vacuum bag operations)

For vacuum bagging, see here: https://www.westsystem.com/wp-content/uploads/VacuumBag-7th-Ed.pdf

There are also a lot of youtube videos about epoxy work.

2 Likes

Do you know what temps your VESC reaches? I have been using the same 100/250 and Im seeing temps between 68-77c when running. I do not know if this is normal?