S9tim's 80100 direct drive

@Mat @s9tim,

How much current are you guys pulling at wide open throttle and how much does it take to cruise comfortably?

I just did a static test in a pool (board pushing against side of pool) with my 80100 setup and was pulling around 220A on12S at wide open throttle! I have my timing set to 30degrees to avoid sync issues (cant go lower without problems) and am running a flier 400A ESC. Wires in my battery box were getting really hot. Even the 8 gage wires going down the mast to the motor were almost 100C and for sure would have gotten much hotter if i ran it at that current for very long. Thats almost 10000W of power. This seems way too high right? I was running the two blade version of this prop (cant remember where i found the file but pretty sure it was from someone that was using the same motor). I have filled the magnet gaps in my rotor as well (although not nearly as nice as some of the rotors i have seen on here).

Any idea what might be going on? I cant imagine this is right. At that rate ill be burning through my 20000mah 12S setup in no time.

I had the same results.
I had 130kv

Do it again without prop. Let us know.

1 Like

I am pulling between 80 and 95 amps at full power while riding. I have never checked the amps under a static load but imagine they will be much less once moving forward through the water.

Ah duh. Thats a good point. I bet you are right. I was worried that something would blow up if i was running 150-200 amps constantly, but once up to speed hopefully current draw would be a lot less.

thatā€™s huge yesā€¦ i donā€™t think i went much above 100Ampsā€¦ I reached 5kW max when pushing the speed as much as possible, but i foiled below 2kW most of the timeā€¦ so you should be fineā€¦