Reisenauer Super Chief vs Chief

Hello
I have a small question, you talk about engine tp, what is exactly like engine?

http://www.tppower.com/

Tp motor europe
Tp motor de 

If I am not mistaking, there is an 8mm “ritzel” in the Reisenauer catalog. Isn’t the SSS shaft 8 mm ? Then there would be no need to lathe anything.

*** PS : this 8mm “ritzel” in the catalog seems to be for the super-chief. I don’t know whether it suits the chief

Yes, there are versions of the SSS motor with 8mm and 10mm shaft. But as you mentioned the ritzel is for the Super Chief, I don’t know if it would work, but I think the ritzels have a smaller diameter the higher the gear ratio is. This ritzel is for 4:1 and the Motor Chief has 5:1 or 6:1.

1 Like

Hello
thank you for the expilcation, possibly have you a picture or a diagram for fixing the flange on the box and motor? because I can not understand the montage. in advance thank you

2 interesting details :

• The 4:1 super chief is rated at 40 000 rpm input. But the 6:1 is rated even higher at 50 000 rpm input :heart_eyes:
  • Extract from Super chief manual :
    For high performances it may be useful to use a liquid securing mean as „Loctite 222“ (but first decrease the threads necessarily). Don®t use in any case the enclosed Loctite 648 for pinion assembly! The connection would be indissolubly!

Nice ! So what about using that Loctite 648 for gluing the 5/6/8 mm gear to the motor shaft ? Look at what the guy is doing at 0:17 then 1:10 !!! :crazy_face:

648 for pinion , you can remove if you heat up high enough and pull hard but you may damage other things with the heat , i remove my glued shaft from chief like that , just need to cook the glue 

It glue very fast , don’t stop screw or pushing , be sure to put it at the same level on the shaft then the gear , depending on the tickness of the flange , some motor shaft are just long enough

1 Like