New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

Get another ESC. The flier is seriously a piece of crap. It’s adequate for some motors but far from a good ESC…

1 Like

I got my Flier, the cheap Remote and the 65161 also not really good running.
So I will change before the Remote.

Think about to change the ESC too, what do you thing is a good working?

I think about the Flipsky FSESC 200A
But here I am not oben for more than 12s

Best will be the 75/300 but the price is not nice :flushed:

Why not stay with 12s? It’s safer and I think lots of ppl use it with good thrust

To run on the 65161, you could use any of these:

Other than that the only other option I can think of is the swordfish X 300A. I have a brand new one but don’t use it because I prefer my ARC200. The motor also sounds a lot rougher when running it vs the others.

1 Like

I run the flipsky 120kv at 14s with my swordfish x300a. No problems with this esc but you say that other esc’s are more quiet?

Yeah my arc200 and wavemaker ESC’s are a lot quieter when they drive the motor (at least the motor runs quite). The swordfish still runs fine though.

Can you sent a link of the wavemaker? I can not find it. The arc200 is 12s if I remember correctly.

you’ll need to pm @nickw1881 if you want to get 1 piece

I’ve been told he doesn’t make them like before

I thank you for the connector info. Unfortunately the amazon hot link you provided did not match your description. I think this is what I should have ordered. Amazon.com

Yes. That looks like the same thing I purchased.

:call_me_hand:

I am always waiting on parts to arrive.

I just began testing my efoil setup in a large tub with the 65161 motor and flipsky 200A vesc, Maytech remote. I ran the foc setup in the vesc tool and the motor runs great, very smooth.

I am running “current no reverse” for throttle control - I am assuming that this modifies the current output based on the throttle position. So if throttle is at 50%, I should get 50% of the max motor current. But the motor takes a certain current to get started - so if I press the throttle slowly, I can get to about 10% throttle (the motor notching a bit) and then it kicks in.

Has anyone found a way in the vesc setting to make sure that the motor kicks in smoothly and then ramps up? I tried setting the minimum duty cycle and the minimum motor current in the motor tab, but it did not seem to have any effect.

1 Like

Just finished a dry fit wiring up of my seal 300A opto and this 65150 Flipsky 120Kv motor.
works out of the box with no programming or changes required to the seal 300A OPTO.
one question someone might be able to help with. Even after re calibrating the remotes throttle (Maytech V2) the first 20% or so of throttle the motor sounds a little lumpy, once over 25% throttle its smooth and quiet. One option that can be programed is “Start up power” thats default to 25%. is this something that needs to be changed?

Any other changes to default anyone would recommend?
Thanks in Advance.

i have set the start up power to the max setting with no difference. could this be a timing issue?

That normal. Don’t worry about it.

:call_me_hand:

Normal for that slightly off start up?

Yep. It’s a Chinese remote. About 10% is the lowest throttle position the motor runs. That’s normal.

The motor runs. Just sounds a bit clunky. Kicks in silent from about 28% and then when lowering it’s fine. Do I need to set timing or is auto fine?

What rpm shoul I expect out of water?

With my swordfish esc and flipsky motor I found out that a higher timing like 15-20 degrees gives better startup than < 10 degrees. But I don’t know if that is the same for the seal esc.

Many poles… More Timing :blush: