New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

yes. in older postings you see the prototype or in Facebook.

Are you from next to Salzburg?

Is it that setup ?

yes SoEFoil, that was the prototype with which i did the thrust tests and a few hours foiling ( most learning Basics in foiling and a lot jumps,fallings in water…) in autumn. the new series system is of course more beautiful and professionally manufactured.
nice2cu:
i am from Austria / Oberösterreich / Schärding next to Passau Bavaria

1 Like

can you show some pictures form your pops?

1 Like

Has anyone opened up one of these maytech motors and resealed them? I have two here and one might have partially burnt coils. I’d like to have a look but want to make sure I don’t do anything to prevent a good seal after closing it up. That and I might want to swap shafts/magnets since one of them has a different shaft than the other.

yup. They come apart and go back together pretty easily. Sealing is all done with orings so it goes back together without a hitch. Fill it with some corrosionX while you are at it for an extra bit of insurance.

Yeah, just orings, quite easy. I opened up mine and replaced the two shaft seals with new ones.
The ones that came out were very hard. Not sure what they are made of but it might explain why they are so hard on the shaft.

Also resealed the joins with MS silicone to prevent any crevice corrosion.

who is using the 65161 with an VESC?

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

I am. Why do you ask?

Witch one and 12s12p?

I just started trying to set my flipsky 200 VESC up with this motor and maytech remote. This is my first time using vesc and I really have no clue what im doing. Trying to follow random youtube videos. I got through the motor setup wizard but when I try and run the input setup wizard I get an error telling me that I need to update the firmware on the vesc in order to use this version of VESC tool.

When I go to the firmware update page the only firmware options I have is hardware version 60 and firmware version VESC_DEFAULT.bin. Is this the one you guys are using? I saw on some videos that 410,411,412 version but that’s not in my list. What are you guys using? Any advice for me? Am I doing this right?

Dowload vesctools v2, the last one available. It should work with older FW.
I also run Flipsky 200 with a 65161 motor and it works great !

1 Like

Thanks. I am using the most recent VESC tool (2.02). I got it to sort of work I think I just had to update the firmware on the vesc itself. I was confused at the hardware type in the list that said 60. I read that using the wrong hardware type can brick the vesc. I did some googling though and found out that the hardware version 60 means Version 6.xx. Flipsky VESC is V6.6.

** Edit: I think this is just because the VESC now runs current control* **I was able to get the setup wizard to run and get it to recognize the maytech remote but im not sure its setup quite right. It seems like the throttle trigger is extremely sensitive. LIke starts spinning at 20% throttle and spins full rpm at like 25% throttle. I have it calibrated so that full throttle is 100% and when I let off the trigger completely it is at 0% (centered). Im just running the motor without the prop right now and no load (motor filled with CorrosionX). Is this normal and would I get more throttle modulation with the motor under load?

Another problem I am having is that I can get the maytech remote display to show any of the info from the VESC. Are there any particular settings on the VESC I need to select? I have the remote setup in VESC mode and can see the data displays but they just don’t read any info. I was reading this post by @pacificmeister saying that this feature doesn’t work with the newer firmware. Seems like V3.58 worked. I am not sure where to get these older versions of the firmware though and if I did get the older version I am not sure if the latest VESCtool 2.0 will work with it. Anyone else run into this?

I have the VESC 75/300 running on a 14s14p battery.

I have the flier 400a red boat ESC running the 65161 motor for my other board. Also on 14s14p

:call_me_hand:

I haven’t been able to get VESC data to display on my maytech remote either. But, I think maybe the Maytech receiver is designed backwards and the TX RX wire need to be cross connected. I read something to that effect in the maytech instructions. Haven’t tried it yet…

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

I have the white Flier Boat 400, the Flipsky 65161, a 12s12p Akku and the cheap 36$ remote ( at moment )

I am not happy with the start up in that configuration . The motor does not really running smoothly.

I also make in summer a second configuration with an APS 63100 and thus small Motor really running nice.

So I am searching for the best VESC for this motor.
I not want take a normal ESC because I want later connect metr or a better remote.

The VESC what are you using is a Tampra?

Greetings from Austria, Robert

If you run current control, the motors spin to max speed really fast (around 2A for full speed usually).
I think that current control is the best way to foil. Once on the water, you will be able to control the motor way more precisely.

Regarding Maytech, I haven’t received mine yet but check the drawigs in maytech’s website. All the infos are there.
And as already said, sometimes Rx and Tx are misplaced. You can try reversing it.

1 Like

You were spot on thanks! I just flipped the RX and TX wires and it works great. RX on VESC goes to TX on the receiver. This is outlined in the Maytech instructions as well. For me I had to flip the pins on my jst connector.

Flipsky 200A VESC + VESCtool V2.02+ VESC 6.xx firmware + Maytech V2 remote = success! I get full feedback on the remote display and its awesome! RPM, Voltage, current, temps! Very cool!

5 Likes

Sorry guys, but it is logical that in serial connections you must connect Transmit Date on the other Side with Receive Data :wink:

1 Like