New Direct Drive Inrunner 65150

This was made up and misleading.

Thanks Jezza and Michione.

That these Motors (Maytech/Flipsky/Reacher) come from the same factory might be true, BUT that does not mean they are the same. I am in business with china since 1999. Dealing with Motor makers, electronic makers… All these OEM companies have one thing in common. The customer defines the quality of the product.
If maytech tells him we want thin lamination and high strenght and high temperature magnet, they get it. If another comapny tells him I want thick lamination and cheap (poor) magnet, he gets it. And guess what, they are not paying same price. I visited Maytech some years ago. At this time they had office and small warehouse, but they did not show me any production line. Maybe this changed, maybe they use another factory. Does not matter. I do not think they are searching the quick dollar. Maybe they choose better materials then other suppliers of this motor, which justifies the higher price. Only tests will show the result. It needs a direct comparison of these motors to get a real picture.

1 Like

They have all been the same so far.

NSK bearings
M45SH magnets
0.2mm silicone steel laminations

1 Like

Where comes this information from?

I have the real resistance and inductance values from the different manufacturers. They are near identical. Yes you can spec things differently, hence the slight differences in the outer casings etc. But there is no logic in spec’ing different internals without knowing what works for efoils. Therefore the companies will logically choose a working model the factory has proven. If they want different internals they will have to pay a few thousand dollars themselves in order to stamp new laminations, rotors etc (I have enquired about this)
When I confronted Maytech about the situation and they found out I’d spoken to the factory they all of a sudden told me they replaced the bearings for better ones and that justified the higher price. Guys can take or leave this information. I put it out there to help others.

1 Like

Hello Everyone. We could make a table with 3 motors to compare all features (bearing, seal,…)! NO? and add in the same time the propeller tested and if it’s work or not? @Jezza maybe can begin with your experience?

Yeah right not searching the quick dollar, better materials, like for their remote no?

They are identical.
They had all the same delay on shipments few month ago as the factory was waiting for the magnets from the supplier for them all.
Ask Flipsky, Maytech or Reacher for a dyno report they will all send you the same. I compared inductance, resistance value between my Reacher 120kv and Jezza Maytech 120kv they are almost identical.

The only thing Eileen from Maytech did well is brainwash everybody making people believe their motor is different and manufactured in their imaginary factory.

They only asked for a different top end cover which is CNC machined so won’t cost almost anything in set up cost to custom.

Could we get the resistance and inductance values and also noload current at full 12S voltage together with rpm and kV measured?
ESC timing should be kept the same for these tests.
That will confirm any difference.

Hey all I am VEEERY new to efoil building and definitely have a lot to learn…hopefully from the great people on here.

Me and a buddy stumbled upon pacificmeister’s videos and then this forum and then we fell in love with e-foiling…though we don’t have one yet. Anyway for the last month or so we’ve become basically obsessed, reading all about them and of course now we are going to need to build our own.
We’re trying to get some parts together and we were thinking the flipsky 120kv motor as mentioned in this thread. I have two questions in regards to this.

1. On the website the 100kv motor has a minimum voltage of 14s, but we would prefer to run 10s or 12s. When you change the option to 120kv the I guess the minimum voltage should go down? (seems to be the case with higher kv motors). Is that right, will we be ok running 10 or 12 s on this motor.

2. What is a good ESC or VESC to pair with this motor? On the flipsky website I see two that seem ok (links below). There is a 200A one and a 300A one. The 200A says it’s based on VESC6. The 300A says its an ESC but it says its “programmable” and the website has a general comment saying “Flipsky ESC’s are based on VESC”. To be honest the 200A one looks so ugly compared to the 300 and it has the weird two-into-one power in fork thing that I’m not too keen on either.

Thanks in advance any help is very much appreciated!

200A ESC link below.
https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/high-current-fsesc-200a-60v-base-on-vesc6
300A ESC link below.
https://flipsky.net/collections/electronic-products/products/seal-300a-60v-esc-for-surfboard-e-foiler-board

1 Like

For 12s go 120kv or even 140kv. Not sure a vesc6 will handle the current on the long run, safest to go with the 300A. The 300A is a ZTW Seal Opto and works with this motor. Reacher is selling it too, maybe cheaper.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60695514635/14S-300A-ESC-48v-reversible-dc.html

3 Likes

Hey thanks a lot @Manufoil appreciate the quick reply and the advice. I will take your recommendation on this sir!

You should delete your post with the made up motor specifications. What are you trying to accomplish?

And remember that some users on here have received products for free, or discounted price in return for product review.

@virus has a video posted on Maytech’s website.

I am not flaming on virus. I would happily do a test video if someone would send me products for free, or at a discounted price. But, you then have to take that into account when a review of the product is done by that person.

I agree these motors are all exactly that same.

Buy from the cheapest vendor. But, I always buy from a vendor with a good reputation in case you need customer service. Just a heads up with Maytech. Go research their remote. They pissed a lot of people off with their poor customer service. Yes, I am buying the maytech V2 remote anyways. But, only because there isn’t any alternatives at the moment.

I have been very happy with Flipsky’s customer service. I purchased the 120kv motor.

They even went as far as to get a Flier ESC to test the motor’s compatibility issue I was having. They are now working with Flier to try to find a fix.

2 Likes

Do you really see my clarification as possible to misunderstand?
I can delete the post if needed. There was no made up spec, only an example. Somehow i wonder if there are worries that it might be correct?

In the meantime i ordered an 80100. I have used this motor, i know it’s good. If reacher, maytech and flipsky will send the same dyno sheet, a sheet which proves this motor to be a low performer then i pass.

Thanks for the info, it was helpful.

Just a heads up the ztw seal 300a is the recommended ESC for this motor if you not using a vesc.

3 Likes

Where do you come up with this nonsense. The whole reason guys want it removed is because we have solid evidence they are all made to the same spec. If you want to conspire, find a conspiracy forum or create a new conspiracy topic. But stop muddying up this topic with made up data which other users might think is true. Or are you a sneaky maytech agent?

1 Like

What are you on about? Wasn’t this clear enough? It’s an excuse for crying out loud.

I also assume you really have evidence, but so far none has been shown here. That’s why i ask.

Maytech and flipsky were in « » but when reading fast this can be confusing
The exemple was given and I guess needs to be kept in mind because no one has to put a part and compare motors
I don ‘t known if it is easier to change parts in a production line or just to say (or lie) that is more expensive because it is better

No inside pics … never be sure at 100% they are same …

We will just know that by the riding time I guess , so i would wait next year or buy the cheapest now …