MakerX Go-FOC HI200. VESC 75300 based variant. 75V 200A ESC

Yep. I tried plugging the tracking number they gave me into DHL’s site and that didn’t work.

This is not acceptable! @makerX-david do you have any vesc in stock? can you shed some light? If it is not in stock please let us know. I personally would like to get the refund and find another source if it is going to take weeks to receive! the whole point of paying extra for DHL is to get it in time.

guys be careful with this seller! after 10 days and couple of email without respond, as soon as I disputed thru paypal he contacted me with bunch of excuses. But what upsets me, to delay or avoid the refund he updated paypal dispute case with a random traking number very very bad experience.

Yikes, thank you for the update. I am getting a little nervous about being ripped off too.

@Thom can you provide any more info about your order/tracking process and delivery times for your order(s) from them?

@makerX-david Can you please respond to this thread and help us understand the delay and lack of communication? I hate to see trust in a vendor get eroded if there is a reasonable situation.

1 Like

I take the liberty to know if you finally received your Macker-X and if yes, have a return on the product compared to the Flipsky and its eternal problems … thank you

There was never any follow up from them, but it did eventually arrive. It bench tested fine and will get its first sea (lake) trial in the next week or two.

1 Like

nice2cu, nice vesc box there. I am also using the Trampa 75/300 You are connected to the comm port, the ppm port and the switch port. What does your switch look like. I would like to add one there or does it make sense to add the switch before the VESC to prevent sparks when connecting the battery?
How do you extend the antenna? will any wire work? Do you cover the connector ports before closing the box? Are you adding the corrosion x. I will be using the new Flipsky v3 remote that connects the receiver to the comm port. Thank you
George

Hi George,

I made a complete Redesign from my Box in the witner.
I bought a IP67 switch from Metzler. On the Pic you can see on the Top of the Box, so i can easy switch the VESC on/off. I also have a Marine fuse between the VESC and the batteries. I connect the Batteries with AS150 Antispark Connectors
My procedure is:

• check if the Fuse is off
  • check if the VESC swith is off
  • connect the batteries
  • switch on the fuse
  • turn on the VESC switch
    To switch off:
  • turn off the VESC switch
  • switch off the fuse
  • disconnect the batteries

Inside the Alucase is now a uSpilt device and a metr PRO with a small external antenna that looks outside the case.
I made a 9 pole waterproofe connector. On this is is a external IP68 waterproofe Box with the Receiver mounted. ( i can select between PPM CAN and UART )
The Maytech Remote is at moment connected with PPM and TxRx for the VESC data.

I also erdered the V3 Flipsky, i will check if i take theme for my efoil #1 ord #2. For the number 2 i bought a HGL 75/200 and a metr CAN with GPS.

3 Likes

Robert,
Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I want to add the switch at the box and I also have the circuit breaker so I will put it outside of the box like you have. Any concern for water? The 3rd photo is the receiver correct?
I understand what ppm and ppw are.
I am not clear what CAN means
or UART.
Jamie from Flipsky told me to connect the receiver for the V3 remote to the comm port and it works. I imagine that your switch connects into the power connector on the VESC.

1 Like

I will post photos on the remote thread. Is there anything in particular that would be helpful. The remote comes with many wires so connecting should not be an issue.

Just saw that the breaker says ‘waterproof’. Posting photos of the remote on the other thread. It looks very waterproof

Is anyone using this makerx vesc 75300 successfully with a flipsky 65161 motor?

• Is the ESC of 12S 150A insufficient?

I’m building a 13s battery, so will need a higher capacitor rating - the 75V version.

100V 200A base on vesc 100250.

1 Like

Pretty impressed with this one so far. I pushed it up to 300A motor pik and 200A motor continous. Once setup properly it is a really nice vesc.

4 Likes

Please tell me, Current: 200A continuous, maximum 300A - does this controller have phase or battery current?

This is the rating for both battery and motor (phase) current. You will need really good cooling to get anywhere close to 200A continous. Upgrading the thermal pad between the heatsink and FETs also make a good difference

1 Like

Hi, Which thermal pad do you recommend?
I run passive cooling through mast, so any improvement is welcome…

I used this one, 0.5mm
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005002063415554.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2fra&spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef5e5bPHkk4H