MakerX Go-FOC HI200. VESC 75300 based variant. 75V 200A ESC

Anyone try this ESC? I just had my ARC200 fail self-test after a week of riding. Was looking at getting that.

Did it fail with overvoltage? Check the telemetry and see what voltage it’s reading.

Yes it is showing overvoltage. Got 12s pack currently at 48v and the arc200 was reading around 50v in the telemetry. Got it to pass self test once and was able to spin up the motor and the voltage said it was going all over the place. Hitting low voltage cutout, etc…

Never ran it with anything besides the current 12s pack charged max at 4.2 a cell.

Yeah looking at the logs it shows 66V on start that ramps down to 50V (with 48V battery). Something must have busted. Tried to pull it apart to look for damage and to brush the boards down with 99% iso alcohol but still giving the same issue. Must have gotten some water in the ESC or something to damage it. I have had some water drops get in my ESC box, but the ESC itself seemed fairly water-resistant.

Just after taking that log, did another full scrub down with iso and it fired up again with the voltage looking correct. I guess must have been a drop of water somewhere… Going to put it back in the case and try it on the water.

Still was looking at that HI200 ESC though for switching to 14S if anyone has tried it yet.

Could be small condensation happening?

Might have been it! Works well now on the water. I ended up filling the esc with corrosion x as well so hopefully won’t have that problem again.

SALE

Are you planning to start selling a waterproof version?

1 Like

good idea. I will make it happen.

3 Likes

Can you also inc. Watercooling?

Better not! I have good experience with an Tampra VESC 75/300 in a small IP68 Alucase.
I mount the case on the bottom Aluplatte from my box.
For the next build I also want passive cooling.
Water inside with a pump can be often a problem.

1 Like

So do you think that the recent waterproof 75300 based ESCs from Flipsky for example have no place in an eFoil? I figured they might allow me to run without a waterproof box for the ESC. Is the waterproofing usually not good enough for that?

The problem is, all connectors are open.
So, when water is coming inside my board, dose not matter because all necessary connectors are inside my alucase.
The strong power and motor cables are also fully waterproof.

3 Likes

I put in an order for one of these over a week ago, but have heard nothing. This includes no answer to an email I sent 4 days ago asking about shipping times, etc. since there was no info on the website or the order confirmation email. Both just say to contact a yahoo email address which I did.

Did anyone actually receive a product from these people? I don’t like spending $250 and getting no communication about delivery expectations. It makes me even more wary about resolving a potential issue once I receive it.

1 Like

I received ESCs from them. They were pretty fast to answer my questions.

Thanks, I finally heard back from them and it appears to be on the way.

Seems they are slow on shipping. It has been 4 days I received a dhl tracking # but item has not been handed to DHL yet

Have you figured out how to use the tracking tool makerX provided?

The translator plugins I have tried are giving me no help and it has been 4+ weeks since I ordered.

Really?! I have a dhl tracking number so I chack thru dhl website