Lithuanian Direct Drive(inrunner) Build(or the story of PAIN)

Ok understood !
Did you design the waterproofness part yourself ? Which vring seals did you chose ?
What difference do yousee between your motor and the 65150 from Flipsky, Reacher and Maytech ?

The main difference is torque (I hope to find somebody on this forum who would be willing to do some static tests with exact settings and same prop to compare the VESC telemetry)
65 150 is 6 pole design
my 72 is 10 pole design with a larger rotor diameter

10 Pol, 12 Slot , That the right way :+1:
Best regards Frank

1 Like

How is this motor performing now?

Hi Jezza,
Still testing … Running 16S 130A with VESC 75/300.
Since I was testing with my oun wigs:

I needed a lot of speed to lift the board:

Now planing to test with a Moses setup:

1 Like

My 72 124 Motor update!

I have successfully tested my 12 slot 10 poles motor running it at 16S 130A(I could probably go higher)

After the test’s I made some design changes and now I’m planing to make a small production run of V2.

So if you are interested please PM me.

Some pics and drawings:

2 Likes

It’s also CNC milled?

Yes. Cnc out of plywood then fiberglass and paint.

Looks good, what about thrust load from the prop, would it make sense to add a built int thrust or angular contact bearing to take the load of the prop?

No need. There’s a tiny cone in the bottom cap right under the shaft. It takes all the load and adds almost no friction.

Any idea of cost?..

Will heavily depend on number of units. So far I’m planing 2 for myself and 3 for this forum. If the price is right wold you want one?

Are the rotors dynamically balanced ? Or are we going to end up with shaft vibrations and leaking seals ?
Do you balance with paste or welding points ? I see nothing on the above picture showing any paste.

Yep rotors are balanced with paste. They run pretty smoothly.

Just my thoughts, but could you eventually lower the distance between the shear pin hole and the threaded part like on the 65161 motor ? This would give people the flexibility to use the props they are using right now (some of them having the FR prop) on this motor too without being too much difficult.
I would also change the shear pin hole to 3mm.

What’s the cable gauge you are using ? AWG8 ?

A reminder of the 6516x figures working with many many props (at least 20 FR + 30 Yamaha/Solas + the 3D printed batch + …)
Flip shaft detail 12mm-M8

Put simply, may I ask what would be your unit selling price if you find 5, 10 or 15 interested people ?

do you mean 14mm instead of 22(from the pin to the thread?)

No, I mean 14mm instead of 38mm (85mm - 25mm - 22mm). But you got the point I guess.

The price of 1 unit is 250 EUR + shipping

3 Likes