Jet-Drive build Switzerland

The jet has its greatest efficiency when slightly above the water line. That’s why you got extra pull when you brought it above the water

Hi Fabian,

Noticed that you actually could surf with the MHZ 64mm. Besides the MHZ guy on Youtube and You, I never saw any success-stories til this day.
Did a board in 2018 using the full MHZ powertrain: MGM 63/400, Scorpion 7455 320kv and Jet64.
Also using the MHZ board, which is a 14kg fiberglass hollow design (not that nice really).
I coupled this with a 15s19p Samsung 25R battery pack.
I could never get this board up to plane with my 100kg weigh, neither could my 75kg wife, so I was super dissapointed after throwing 4k€+ at MHZ for something that was more a kiddie toy.
My 5yo son was the only one who could get to plane, unfortunately he only found it fun for 5mins…

Any secret mods that you managed to perform to the Jet 64 in order to get thrust enought for a grown man?

BR,
Mattias

If I am not mistaken Lampuga boards is/was also using the 64mm jets from MHZ, I would call it a proven product then…

know they did in early prototypes like 2015.
The new Boost might be MHZ 80, the stator looks familiar.
Think most brands today run 80-100mm impellers and around 50mm exit nozzle.

I run two 53mm jets in my DIY board.
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dTv7zzceto

Nice, do you run it planing or at least >20kmh?

I have 3 brands developed in my hometown: Awake, Radinn and esurf, but you almost never see them out testing. They mostly focus on Dubai it seems.
Awake runs 100mm jet with about 60mm exit. Its the only one I’ve seen in person.

Perhaps I give it another try, but reaching only 20kmh@10kW like I did was a far cry from my experiences on efoil.

This is how my ran, looks cool for kids. Not so cool with 2m guy plowing forward with nose pointed at the sky…https://youtu.be/2Ln42S7wNAE

1 Like

My board does go faster. I’ve reached +30 KM/h with it, but it’s no fun as the board starts bouncing around.

I’m using two Surpass hobby 56102 600KV Brushless Motors each powered by 3 in parallel 6S lipo’s (so each motor is powered by a 6S3P)

The motors are doing about 13000 RPM, but can be bumped up to just under 30000 when on 12S.
( Guess what I’m building now… )

Some long time ago videos. Many things have changed after recording them.

A more resent video (sorry on Instagram)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCySTySnHWP/

Noël on Instagram: "We (Kian and I) did some more testing with V1 of the jet board. It definitely needs to be wider at the back. We are starting with the build of version 2 soon. The 12S12P li-ion battery pack is already done, and being tested now. #jetboard #electricjetboard #esurf #esurfboard" (Board is not running full speed)

1 Like

Hi
You are using the motor from MHZ and the ESC from MGM, can you deliver a logfile?
Secrets…puuh, it is really hard with the 64mm jet to reach 30 km/h or more…
I have thought about to create a new impeller with 3 blades and reduce all the gaps to a minimum.
But still if I compare the MHZ Jet with the jet of my Jetsurf, these jets are completely different.
Please send some more info

1 Like

Me? Using a motor from MHZ and a ESC from MGM?
No…
I’m using two (2) Surpass hobby 56102 600KV motors and two (2) 53mm jets in the board.
The impeller is 3 blades.
ESC’s in this board are from Flier. Model: ESC 240 16S

cim96dm7, was the one I mentioned :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: sorry my fault…

2 Likes

go to kite surf spots :wink:
there it schould nod be a problem right?
there are many! haha Spotguide NG

Hi Fabian,

Well on the Youtube videos the MHZ guy seems to reach about 25kmh (half-planing)
I think it was my weight killing the project. Boards is 130L and me and board is 130kg. I reached <10kmh.
MHZ complained about my battery (they recommend Lipo:s), but I did 14s19p Samsung R25. Later upgraded to 15s, but it did not really help.
Static testing in pool gave me 240N @ 48v/170A.
2019 I build the powertrain into a SUP, so deplacement instead of planing craft. Maybe reached 15kmh or so.
2020 I went Efoil 30kmh@2kw and flying as a bonus. I will never look back :slight_smile:
Not allowed to include XLS, but have a pic from MGM graph.

I see that you are also from Switzerland. Any problems with the law?
I also wanted to do an esurfboat, but it’s forbidden… So I am building an epaddle (Also probibed but more discreet)…
To be effective, the jet must not eject water into the air and not into the water?

Btw do you have link for the connector that you use at the back?

No problems with the law until now, have done it mostly unobtrusively. But it is actually forbidden.

I hope that the law will change, however, at the “interboot” show in Friedrichshafen -Germany, some electro surfboards will be presented this year.

Right, the the jet should eject water into the air to be more effective.

As connector between battery and ESC i use this connectors: https://hobbyking.com/de_de/7mm-as150-anti-spark-self-insulating-gold-bullet-connector-2-pairs.html

If read correctly you have 14k rpm with a 320kv and a 50v battery ?

Yes about 14krpm, I consider that normal with about 14% less kv under load.
Fact remains when pushing 9-10kw I could not get board to go up on plane. for 130kg you probably need close to 12kw. It just is not worth it. You carry 20kg of battery for 10min of ridetime…

If I ever go back to jetboard, it will be on gasoline again (have 2 of those boards, but have not used this year)

Wow do you have a jetsurf board ? :heart_eyes: Maybe can you share some pictures and or specs on the other jet thread ? Would love to read and see them !