Edit maybe this name is poor… I saw Peter’s post and I was sad.
Some bad news recently for the DIYers about 65151 motors. We will continue waiting for someone to make a good quality 65151 direct drive motor. I guess maytech and flipsky are the closest at this point, but do they still have issues?
If I were to get a motor, I think my checklist would have the following:
- 65151 form factor
- Yamaha or FR prop shaft termination
- Forward thrust bearing
- Proper shaft seal for up to 4k rpm
- EPDM 8awg wire because glue doesnt stick to silicone https://www.awcwire.com/part.aspx?partname=ep150-8
- 150A continuous rating under the water
- Sinusoidal bemf for FOC control
Are there other considerations?