I‘m giving up my eFoil build: selling parts

Update: not yet giving up. Saw a nice sup foil at a reasonable price.

1 Like

Not selling. Giving it another try.

1 Like

Hey why are giving up ?
Looks like you have made some good steps.

It’s the combination of little time, high costs, still a lot of missing parts and unclear outcome that made me preorder one of the commercially available ones. But maybe you’re right and I should continue. Right now the part I’m stuck on is a board with foil mounts. All I can get over here is surf/kite boards with 20-30l volume. Anything beyond that there’s zero offering.

Yes its no easy Projekt. Iam at the very beginning so i dont hava a got counsel now. But i wish you good luck to find the right was to get on the water.

1 Like

Just my 2c. Surf foils are now available at prices as low as 350USD + taxes for the Chinese one or 450usd ExVat +shipping and import Tax outside Europe for the GONG one. If you have the necessary room and time, making your own board is not so difficult and not so expensive when you buy your blanks of styrofoam or EPS :thinking:

Successful projects.
@Matt’s experience with EPS: 80100 direct cooling - #108 by Mat - Builds - FOIL.zone (the board building starts at 2.25)
Advice of glassing waterproof compartment - Foils & Boards - FOIL.zone

[…]

You can also add a ready made boat hatch or cover with hatch latches like LIFT did…

5 Likes

I built my first efoil in about three weeks, while also working full time and having a family😀
For sure it will be updated a bit but it flies already now :grinning:

What i mean to say is that it is totally possible to do an easy build if you cut every corner!

I never made a thread here and now it’s already done so sorry for the off site link:

2 Likes

Yes it is possible even with a low budget I had. I am a 17 years old student. I dont have an income.

1 Like