Gyro balanced efoil

Supernova seems to think that the way to win people over to their brand is to insult them…
They also seem to refuse to want to open up on which stand they are at the boat show…I find that a very strange thing as surely you want as many people to come and visit your stand as possible…

Why are you so negative? Let them do their thing, and fail or win. Soon we will know.
I started this because I thought it is interesting. But everybody gets so bashing? Why. If their claims do not come to reality it will be a very hard landing!
So lean back, relax and let Karl Marx do his job :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s got nothing to do with negativity. They are making false claims which I feel that some user’s that may not know much about technology should know are false. If I can help some not lose money to a scam I see that as a positive thing…
“Mark” has also further made statements that the DIY community are stupid and know nothing, so whoever he is, I think he must be around here somewhere and I think it’s fair for the community to know this.

are they selling it? Are they taking preorders and money? So whom you want to protect?

I see that as Toto …
Sit back and wait …
I am curious, too…

Greetings Frank

2 Likes

Not only he is not collecting money but he hasn’t fixed a price yet. The things we know:

• he is a grumpy bear and has lost a few members of his audience with his latest post,
  • he is a competent composite engineer (nice boat),
  • he wants to meet everybody at the Paris boat show.
  • he is hiring ambassadors like Gong in fact,

• I find that quite positive in fact.

Guys I do agree with you, but this :

Is quite funny lol. Like @Jezza , I’m pretty sure he is reading this thread right now. I’ll just chill and wait for the supernova to become a falling meteor. I’ll be there to watch and laugh :smile:

Also, don’t forget the drinks haha

Might be positive, but here is the fact :

I went last year to a similar show for planes in Paris too. Someone debating like this just can’t speak properly to an audience. This is some serious stands they have there. We aren’t speaking about a school presentation…

That being said, the foil itself has a nice design so he might be indeed competent.

Nice design could be the French often.
When I think of so many Trimaran or catamaran.
That’s what the eFoil is about.

i guess i am one of the people who needs to “resume yours studies to hope one day make good calculations…”

they erased my comment on their facebook page, and i was being nice …

if Mark reading us :

you need to know that day happened more than one year ago for me, and futur we tells us if you can run your efoil 1H on a 6kg LTO battery…

to bad i have better things the year then go to the boat show, because i think it would have being nice to see the 18kg efoil fitting in the case and talk a bit about my calculations…

This he has done, and has also actually lost the ability to post in those Facebook groups too.

I’m not sure if this is him or if he is using another composite team for the composite work. But whoever they are they do seem capable. I think they could make a foil that looks like the rendered image. But whether its practical or performs will be a totally different aspect altogether…

He doesn’t seem to have any stand at the show though. When asked which stand he has he didn’t answer (I find that very weird). If you do a search for Supernova it doesn’t appear. Which name do you think he is going to appear under?

*Update: He says he’s at the Mercury stand… (except mercury doesn’t list him under their stand)

I think there are many people and companies that could design a foil like that and even make them.
The issue will come down to it’s performance.
For me the big red flags are:

• The battery tech they claiming is simply not right for efoils. It’s double the weight of Li-ion.
  • The speed’s and performance figures are completely thumb-sucked as they don’t have any working prototypes, and their current boards can’t reach those speeds.
  • The marketing campaign is completely disjointed and when you challenge them they get rude and refuse to back up their claims.
  • All their videos are sped up so the foiling looks faster than it actually is.

But I’ll happily wait to see whats presented…
Here’s a video of Mark telling us about supernova in the mean time: https://www.facebook.com/isabelle.quatre.77/videos/118634832935589/?__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARBDPIC113T6jeehmRZm4RH_k6TR6jVkbX3LJwv4EFT9vHiqrnzCcaGlbTWn74KfyoyAzqiCY_2ZQc9K&hc_ref=ARQVRz2uOlwBp-MImk3l_A3JT0RfT5JOCM9JtP7f-PqSBkOQStZ7QocIg7eLkMOjyOY&fref=nf

What the actual **** is this ? I won’t even buy a coke from someone speaking like this…

1 Like

I was thinking like you for a while on all claims made by Supernova. I’m from Paris and soon have found the place in Meaux Trilport dept 77, where the only company involve in nautism is “Nautic Center Ile de France” and “Association cercle nautique”.
Not any Supernova company registered and even no Mark Quatre as CEO of a company ?
Now there are some interesting ideas but with many realistic difficulties. And I know what I’m talking about my 1st efoil flight on inflatable board with belts attached was is in august 2016, and I’m involved in the mechanical, hydrodymamical, electrical conception on a commercial e-foil.

:thinking::blush:

3 Likes

Whaou! Everything is said now! What a communication expert😂

How am I not surprised…

Nice, 400€ discount in 15h, wait another week and they are for free :hugs: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I can’t speak for how these things ride and the owner’s behaviour to the community and potential clients but I do see what they’re getting at.
Smaller floats means less weight and material (maybe easier to manufacture). Direct drive motors are becoming ubiquitous and electronics could be sourced plenty cheap from china, not to mention assembling in china could also be done on the cheap. That paired with them possibly taking smaller margins could explain the price.
Doesn’t explain why they are going for that wacky strut, wing and motor configuration when a modified off the shelf setup would most likely be better and cheaper. Also not particularly convincing not showing the real product in use anywhere but they could be approaching marketing like Porsche with the Taycan (with a dash more overselling/ overpromising haha) building anticipation for the release and only showing renders.
I’d be interested to see what happens on the 25th. Worst case it sucks and we’re back to where we were, best case it is cheap and awesome.

First tag price was 5590€ …

Scam ! Who make 3 years waranty for 3800 euro efoil…, our friend Mark ? @ 60 kph he will get a direct answer. What reability this stand alone guy in his local marina : his beautifull boat, his company … Cars and his bicycle aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaon his fb page ?? LOL… A lot of fun there ! Too bad they are French, Chinese are ways more smart ! Shipping march 2020 with website not working…, LOL again, Who dare. … One good thing on this is, is the fun we can get from them, hope they will continue for a while, not read from Isabelle from a while, hope she is fine, maybe busy with the show filling back order :slight_smile: . Enjoy the scam show every body !!! And keep it up !! And have fun on water !!