FR propeller on Flipsky 65161 12mm threaded shaft

Will an FR prop made for the FR motor fit a Flipsky 65161 threaded motor without modification? If not, what needs to be done to get it fit?

1 Like

Hi.

Here are the measurements and explanation of how to do it.

Here is pictures.of the finished product. A folding prop mounted on the 65161 motor.

1 Like

You will need to drill out the center to fit the motor shaft. Then carefully mill out the top center to allow the prop nut to fit. I used a drill press with a XY vise. I didn’t come out perfect, but it worked. Make sure to go slow, because you will start to cut through where the screw that holds the prop blades on. Just take off a little at a time and then test fit it. I hope this helps. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks, guys. Does anyone use aircraft safety wire or cotter pins to hold their prop nuts?

Just a Nyloc nut, didn‘t get loose so far. It also depends on the rotation direction.

The Stainless Nut has some rust. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I used loctite to secure it to the shaft. I had to grind the nut down a little, so there was clearance for the props to fold. I was going to use the locking nut with nylon, but it melted from the grinding.

1 Like

How do you like the combo of the folding prop and flipsky motor?

Also, did you tighten the nut by twisting the prop, or do you possess the most thin-walled socket in the world?

The prop/motor combo seems to work well. I have not tried the fixed prop though.

I just used pliers to secure the nut in place along with loctite. If I have to ever remove the prop, it will take some work to get nut off.

1 Like