FR Motor and VESC 75/300 without any power

check your log

numbers add up : voltage batt, duty , erpm … everything is fine

you are running at a bit half speed

Can you send me via mail for setting ?

the only thing i can see:

EDIT/

sorry missed some value in this long log:

current control no reverse mode with max motor amp achieved at 117A (max allowed in settings) so everything is normal
try modified V1 ( motor+app)

Hi,
that would be great. Can you send me your email via pm?

Now I tried the V1 from Alexandre. Everything worked well. I was not couraged enough to give full Power… I have to see the difference between
My configuration and Alexandres.
Alex, thank s a lot!

4 Likes

hi today I tested
FR Motor with vesc and couldn’t get out of the water.
Maybe a have a similar problem.
Here the log

max Battery Current is set to 100A

Looks like you hit current motor limit (120 A ?)
This prevent motor getting high RPM

What is the pitch of your propeller ?

Can you try putting higher motor amp limit on your VESC (dont fry it) ?

Its FR Motor with FR prob.
David wrote me i should set one value to 120A and the other to 150A but i am not sure if he ment motor current or battery current

Motor current, in your log battery current is low

I will try, thanks for the the fast input

1 Like

I’ve got the same motor and Vesc as you, I tried this setting 150A motor and 120A battery but it was WAAAY to punchy when I touched the throttle. I found 130A motor and 90A battery far easy to tame/control. I’m running 14s by the way. When on the foil I was only using between 55-60% throttle.

1 Like

This is my log from the last test in the pool.
The motor amps are set to 150 and the batterie to 110.

What rpm should i have. Does the values seems right to you?

Rpm logged is actually erpm , and it’s matching , duty x voltage x kv (130…) x 8 ( pair pole)

Off load you take more than 50000
On load around 21000 which is limited pour the 150A setting , I supposed statique test (?)

In really , dynamic test the motor will take its 50000 erpm

So for me everything is matching , prefer : duty cycle no reverse for testing …

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
Earlier today i made a dynamic test with max motorcurrent 120A.

There it also didnt get above 21000erpm

Yes it is a nice log and to see for about the same erpm , we need 150A in static and 115A in dynamic

Just a matter of setting , standing in front of the board first to get faster to planning speed , then a little push on the back

Same problem last year but with lower settings … it depends on weigh wing board size …

One example
130A
90A
Dutycycle no reverse

1 Like

It refers to the numbers you can set in the software vesctool to use the vesc controller
Reading , searching you will found and understand
But I am sorry I didn’t really understand your question ?

:rofl::sweat_smile::joy: Great!
What I see on the log is the less duty cycle. How can you improve it? I think it is the result from Volt and Max Ampere, am I right? Put ypur weight to the top of the Board. That helped me a lot for Flying.

Oh, Manno!
Three days ago I had a little bit water in my battery. the solder of the box was not on his place…
I had to swim home, no problem.
At home I saw the battery is dead, no problem.
But the problem is now.
My vesc is grilled!
I dont understand it, because there is a fusion between battery and vesc. Anyway, does ayone sells a vesc 75/300 ? Frank from Trampa said, if the powerstage is damaged, they cant repair it. And it looks so…