Fr 2019 motor system

The rear of the housing has a shaft seal (not sure if it’s double lipped) and the the duct has and o-ring and then another shaft seal which might be double lipped, can’t remember.

Yes, David @Flying_Rodeo is correct. I got one without a seal on it and thought I was good. I wish I had one though as I made my board custom so I could have supported that piece sticking up. Oh well, siliconed it and it fixed my problem. Overall, great product. Just waiting on him to sell me a board now :wink:

3M and Sika has very good marine sealants(4200,5200 and 291, 292), some works mainly as a sealant and some as strong glue and sealant. Silicone based are not usually recommended due to various reasons(there are also marine silicone available, still would recommend 3M or Sika mentioned above)

1 Like

I used marine silicone on holes in my mast. It has a lifespan. Sika would definitely be better but you might not be able to get it off if you ever need to.

Marine silicone is usable as such, but only marine version. One of the problem said to be related to silicone, other seals adhesives and paint wont anymore be compatible, not even if clean residues by acetone. So keep to the silicone if you already used it. Sika 291i is pretty much a seal only, not hard to remove. 3M 5200 and sika 292 is not made for ever be removed, don’t try if plan to remove, wont be fun:). There are other brands also but Sika and 3M are good(and expensive…) 291 is relative cheap.

5200 wont bond to silicone which the wires are typically insulated in. 5200 would be a bad idea. I use silicone to bond to silicone and it works great.

You can use a 5mm rubber sheet from a hardware store. In my case, I sacrificed an exercise band used for calisthenics.

1 Like

David aka @Flying_Rodeo is great guy.
I visited him at his company and bought motor system , which I have put on Gong foil. All I can say is that everything is extra quality and works great. For now I am testing this propulsion unit on 4m inflatable boat, to see and measure temperature on my self made li-ion 14S battery pack. Motor itself is crazy strong, for the size and the efficiency of the proppeler is way better than on 5HP Yamaha motor. I didnt measure, but you can feel it. Also the electric motor is way stronger than the 5HP Yamaha petrol engine on the boat. I need to the test more in upcoming week, to see whats the speed on full throttle :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Excellent idea for a comfortable lab… all the screens, indicators, tools from the comfort of an armchair… :wink:

Hi @Flying_Rodeo ,

Please could you sell me propellers ? I send you a MP.
All propellers made by me :cry: broke. I tried Pacific Meister propellers with SSS56104 + neugart 5:1 in 3 and 4 blades. These propellers work fine but I don’t know make this without this result (see picture).
Since the beginning of June, it is my 5th propeller. I ride 7 hours / week.

If someone have a good idea to print a propeller (strong) ?

@Flying_Rodeo I’ve been following your work here for a bit now - so impressive! Just sent an inquiry on your site about buying some things for a build :slightly_smiling_face:

By the way, are you still selling those sweet airbrushed Gamble boards?

Did you tried 100% outline and ABS? I used this propeller without duct more than 10 times, still alive.

Hi @alan_wong,

I use an Ultimaker 3 with Cura. I never use ABS but why not. Could you explain 100%outline ?

When you say 'I use this propeller", do you speak about the pacific meister propeller ?

Best regards.
Cristophe

There’s a serious family resemblance between Lift, FR and Elevate drive train. Elevate have published their figures (site home page) which become the first benchmark (to be checked).

Max. Power: 5kw
Max Thrust: 50kg 
Efficiency in Foil-mode:  1,1KW at 20kmh
Max speed  55km/h

For given speeds, how are the amp figures with and without duct ?

I see the ressemblance too. Elevate.rocks looks very similar to FR. Here is a photo of the propeller from Elevate

They are definitely getting motors from FR and then marking them up a bit. Their motor lot is slightly more expensive.

It should be similar with pacific meister propeller but this is for 80100 out runner. I saw a youtuber said that increase the number of perimeters can be stronger and waterproof but I cannot find that video anymore.

Other trail: I remember to have read on this forum that waterproofness can be improved
by setting % Infill parameter to… 110% (providing that your Interface accepts settings above 100%).

Hi @Flying_Rodeo, I was wondering what your duct was made off ? CNC milled plastic ? Resin ?
I broke my 3D printed ones twice and am interested in a new way of building it.
Amazing work on the motor by the way, I’m considering bying one soon !

This week we geht new INJECTION MOLDING DUCT🤗

1 Like