Fr 2019 motor system

thanks for sharing seems download link is disabled

@flIf it’s not too late, please put me down for a 6”.

Thanks

Uploaded the FR swirlcone to grabcad. Hope it works for you guys.

9 Likes

Many thanks for the sharing. i’ll printed and test next week, i’ll tell you the result with my configuration

Why it is not possible to share it in Fusion?
Doese that feature now not work?

thanks, this does look very promising. Would be nice to have it in aluminium or even combined with the FR prop as one system.

With rpm is optimal for FR Prop about 40km/h?
Thanks

5000rpm if you use the 6”

And for 4000rpm, with speed is it?
Thanks

So, my version of the spinner is also ready for testing.
I take care for an angel smaller than 16 degrees and a round ending.

I constructed it in 2 parts. After printing, you can put the M8 inside and glue both parts together.

5 Likes

Is this for FR prop? If so, the FR is a lefty and your blades are for right drive.

Looks nice, but it is for clockwise props, not for ccw like FR props

Uffff, you are absolutely right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry I fix it asap

So, i fixed it. Ufff somtimes i… :woozy_face:

Isn’t it better to put a hot insert M8 plus everything than to print in 2 parts and then fly …?

In my V1 version i did it with two parts, every body can do it like he prefere

1 Like

What’s the theory behind? Are you just shooting in the dark with this swirl endpiece or are there design criteria or evidence that can be linked?

the same factors should be important as for the prop (diameter/height of swirls, pitch, relative position to prop blades, number of swirls etc)

Ok, that helped a bit, thanks!

Found this:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0141118716305764

I’d like to hear also why a particular design fits for efoil use?

In the paper they tried 120 fin configurations, the best gained about 1% efficiency. I’d say the chances of this being more than a nice visual appearance for us is slim since most of the used efoil props probably can be optimized to give 10% gain without any swirls.

That is my first version.
I will construct more versions, some with less pitch, some withmore pitch and i will also variate the number of blades.
next year i will test it and hope i get some speaking results.
@funboards.at documented in his build thread some results with a propeller without spinner, a propeller with an spinner and an propeller with that spinnerblades.
seems to me very promising.