Fr 2019 motor system

I think the system from FR is also very good for buying one. But why is there no data on this engine?

No data because it is a well done motor ā€¦
Some numbers are in my building post ā€¦
Not many use the Fr motor with metr.at module and a vesc , it is not easy to have a full log with speed and rpm , and you have to take your phone with you ā€¦ my vesc is working now with metr.at so as soon as I finish my new battery I will post data

One more thing : people who use Fl motor are happy with the results so less worried about data numbers , just enjoying riding time ā€¦

2 Likes

How do you buy FR motor?The website doesnt seem to work.Those who have FR motor,how did you contact FR to buy motor?

Send him a mail. Sometimes it need a bit longerā€¦
info@flyingrodeoefoil.com

1 Like

New FR prop data for the 65161 Motors:

Wing: Slingshot Space Skate 65
Battery: 12s
Max Speed: 38.6kph (average max speed was around 36kph)
Max RPM: 4184
Battery Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): Ā±50A
100% Throttle: Ā±75A
Phase Current Values
50% Throttle (foiling): Ā±75A
100% Throttle: Ā±110A

The Slingshot space skate is meant to be a lower speed wing than the Gamma 68, but I found it faster with a higher top speed and also needed more speed to foil. What I found really strange was how much I had to adjust my stance when I changed wings.
Unfortunately I did not have the correct bolt sizes to try my small 56cm unifoil wing. I think it may have been pretty quickā€¦

Now I need to convince David to make me a very high pitch prop for my geared motor :wink:

3 Likes

Nicee! Thank you for the test and data!! How does this data compare to the one you get when running the complete FR motor system?

Didnā€™t get a chance to run it today. But I do have data on the unit in one of my threads.

1 Like

What ESC timing are you using with the FR motor? With 16 poles it would have to be pretty high no?

Iā€™ve only run it n the ARC200ā€¦

1 Like

What is rpm of the FR motor at 12S?

I need to run the FR motor again without it hitting phase current limits. Last time I ran it the phase current was limited to 100A and as a result I would not have pushed the motor to a maximum. Theoretically the motor should hit Ā±6500rpm in the air.

So it is around 140KV?

Where did you read that the FR motor is 16 pole?

You missed the post where Jezza gave all those info + a picture of the inside. Itā€™s a 8 pair pole, 130kV, 70mm x something between 140 or 150mm motor. Try to find this on Jezzaā€™s profileā€¦

So is the Lift motor and FR motor the same. If so does anyone know how this arrangement came to be? Who is supplying the motor?

Its 16 pole for sure. Spoke to David about it

In the past, i donā€™t think so. Going forward, they may be depending on what deals Lift has with FR.
My guess would be that David reverse engineered the lift motor and improved it, then got a European manufacturer to make his units.
An easy way to ensure that Lift is not beaten on price would be for Nick to contract David to manufacture most of his boards and components (motor, clamps, props etc). That means David has less time and product to sell to public as he is constantly fulfilling Liftā€™s orders. Also not a bad deal for Flying Rodeo as they get a consistent workloadā€¦

1 Like

Great, then I did everything right and ordered from David. My setup will be sent next week. Iā€™m looking forward toā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Does anyone has a FR motorsystem which he didnt need?
I want to buy one :slight_smile:

Thanks. That does make sense. It appears that both FR and lift were in the foil business. Its probably a small community of people in that business. They maybe had deals with the same manufactures. Seems like I remember FR had a geared unit originally. Cant quite remember. Assuming they are in bed together I think it is likely they are getting their motors from the same manufacturer.