Flipsky VESC + Metr.at

I just received the Flipsky 200 Amp VESC water cooled. I know nothing about vesc except for what I read today. The Metr.at device, is that just a blue tooth communication device, with a application that runs on your phone? Does the VECS tool do about the the same thing. I see GPS data in your logged data. Where does that data originate.

Just now seeing this. Did you have a chance to program the VESC? I canā€™t seem to get it right. I pull the Maytech trigger and it gets to over 50% before it starts and when it does itā€™s full blast. Iā€™ve tried running the wizards but it keeps complaining about fireware versioning. Iā€™m not even yet to the point of using the Metr.at device until I get this VESC programmed.

But you test in air or under load under water? Because in air this would be normal behaviour unless you restrict ERPMā€¦

I was searching around for someone having the same issue I am. I have never used a VESC until today.

I have the Flipsky 200 A VESC connected to a 7S battery., and a 65161 120KV Flipsky motor. Using VESC tool connected via USB. Using a simple PPM receiver.

When I get to the setup input, 50% of the time it tells me I need to update to the latest firmware. After completing the setup input when I pull the trigger nothing happens until I am 30% on my way to full. Then the motor runs at full speed. The motor is unloaded in air.

I see Yargaroo says this is normal and it has to do with ERPM. I will see what I can learn, but I would be interested in hearing more.

I think I just found what I was looking for here. Anybody used VESC with Flying Rodeo motor? - Electronics (ESC, remote, batteries) - FOIL.zone

I am still struggling with my VESC setup.
Flipsky 200 A VESC, 65161 120 KV flipsky motor, Maytech V2 remote. In the Setups wizard, what are people using for ā€œControl Typeā€?

2 Likes

I am struggling too, just got my FSESC 200A vesc6 with Flipsky vx2 remote and 65161 motor. Trying with 6s battery. From this motor i got only a buzzā€¦ Tried the vesc tool, the free one, but i got intimidated with all the warning not daring to update the firmware so now i wait for some help. I also tried the motor with the flier 400A esc and some old remote. It works but is intermittent at least rotates at a low rpm. I programmed the lipo cell number to 6 but i dont know how many pole pairs the motor gotā€¦ This would be the debut in the efoil projectā€¦

You can update the FW from ESC, I just did so. Chose the correct one and all should be fine.

Have a look here, doc from Flipsky page

1 Like

Thank you a lot, it worked it seems, everything is green. But the motor still not spinning, only a buzz. Tried 56114 ss motor. itā€™s spinning with one speed it seems. I might need some settings for the 65161 100kv.

Did you try the auto detect?

Yes, it worked, thank you a lot ! Now i need to tweak the remote as it seems there is only on or offā€¦

Go for duty cycle no reverse. However for water testing try current again

1 Like

How do you waterproof your remote? :slight_smile:

Not yetā€¦ Will put in a bagā€¦