DIY Waterproof remote

Yes it does but I didn’t see patent id on it. It amazes me how you can patent such a thing

Very nice and thank you for doing this !
My main question is : can I pair it with my vesc (75/300 nfr 51 or 52 included )
Display information not necessary , at list the ppm or it is working current control ?

You’ll need to build your own Bluetooth receiver and on the receiver side decide what type of signal you want to send to the ESC.

I can agree with some of your points. About the antenna you always can get better efficiency with external antenna although the pcb antenna this module has is the best in its class.
About simplifying assembly , I don’s see any effort in this regard. 4 separate pcb’s, lots of potting instead of locking connectors,
About dead space, rather than putting stuff there it could be more slim and ergonomic design with saving space.
About the LCD, you mentioned a very rare case of color blindness, I am wondering why TV makers dont go bankrupt then , just joking. My complain is why not little bigger display and I agree black and white always give higher contrast in very bright environment.
About electronics, an example there is no ESD protection, on any potential inputs, like buttons which you might say they all covered with plastic and direct touch for static discharge, while this is true but there is always a risk specially on battery compartment which user has direct access to it.

I dont think it would work out of the box.
I use this board for moy curstom remote that I am working on it
https://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=94964&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=Nordic%20Semiconductor&utm_campaign=NRF52840-DONGLE&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-b7qBRDPARIsADVbUbVo9V98SeWKc6u77k3rTPikBAoTBqRtjijhmdEC6pA6jbV-OCgFoM8aAhk_EALw_wcB

but it would super easy to make a custom firmware for this remote to work with VESC’s nrf51 remote. Since I am working on my own remote I will not have time for custom firmware for this remote maybe later

Thank you , my vesc has already a built in Bluetooth , I was thinking maybe the lift esc was kind of a vesc … :wink:
I don ‘ t have the knowledge to write firmware … I have it for Subaru car ecu and that’s about it …

Hi cippoco, last weekend we made the first ride of our efoil. The remote control worked without any problems! But up to now not in salt water.

Nice to here this from you, i’ve received it, but i still doesn’t try!

Hello
I tried to build my remote control with your arduino schema, but it does not work, my question: is it necessary to pair the receiver with the transmitter?
Thank you

Hey,guys.How do you think about the remote for efoil? without trigger.

Guys just to give you an idea of what will be available in July in europe and what the future design could look like;-)

4 Likes

Yes, your remotes are superb. However, I’m afraid I’m going to have to buy the 7999usd board that comes with them. Could you get me out of this doubt… :wink:

200515 waydoo remote

7 Likes

Whish I could mass craft something like this.

the new one will be even better and no it will be under 5500.- so it will be competitive… even to your DIY build setups …if you compare with battery a.s.o. + it will get a power charger that will boost your 2 hours battery back to 100% in just over 1hour…
And dont forget about the total weight... it will be under 30kg total and you will see a new kind of board that can transform its shape&size!.. Just wait another 4 weeks and you will be impressed what efoil-generation 2.0 will bring :wink: Best is follow us on instagram and you will see the official release soon… #waydoo_one

Looks promising. I have another idea. To come back to the topic, would you propose this remote and its matching receiver for around 150usd. Like that, you could have a dedicated and permanent post called “Waydoo Flyer - Info for the DiYer”. DiYers here would pay and promote your brand making people on the beach or by the lake want to know more or buy Waydoo… What do you think ?

4 Likes

We will think about it, maybe we can provide parts too, but it definately will not be in next 2 months as we have to provide initial production…and price of new remote with all it`s features will be higher than your proposal :wink:

2 Likes

Don’t take too long to make your decision. There’s a place to be taken :wink:

we have to concentrate on production of the #waydoo_one efoil now, thereafter we might bring a boat mount for the engine unit to use it on small boats and if there is still capacity then selling of parts like remote control might be possible. But now priority is delivery of the new high quality efoil at very competitive price…

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing it ! Here is the Pegasus boat mount project. To make this electric boat solution more affordable,do you intend to reuse the efoil waterproof battery ?
. Fishing pod

Yes the battery is capable of that and we intend to use it there as well to get versatility.