Diy battery 18650 pack or buy one?

Thanks Jake, they look good. I can’t see Samsung 30Q on their website. Did you buy 25R. It looks like I have to ask for a quote for their prices.
Can I ask what price you paid and which batteries?
Edit: I found the Samsung 30Q on the website

@rogjalon there is reputable esk8 battery builder in Australia, maybe you can ask him where he gets his cells?

his profile on builders forum:

1 Like

There is a mob called techaroundyou that are the cheapest I can find for 30qs in Australia. With a wholesale account you can get them for $6 a cell. But you need an ABN. If you are in Melbourne and dont have an ABN i can order for you :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Tinniesinker gets his cells fron a mob called Basen.

Other chinese suppliers to try are

Queen battery
Vapcell
LozdPower

1 Like

Thank you @tinp123 and @SurferOfDirt
I really appreciate your help.

1 Like

No worries mate. When Nkon stopped shipping to Australia, I did a bit of a mad scramble trying to fimd a decent supplier :rofl:

1 Like

On Battery Bro you can get 200 Samsung 30Q’s for 3.85usd per cell. I didn’t get 30q’s, I got 25r’s and LG MJ1. The 25R’s were 3.07usd per cell and the MJ1 was 3.28usd per cell.

I don’t know whether the LG MJ1 cells were the best choice for efoil, the capacity is very good but they get a fair bit hotter than the 25r’s, I’m running 12S 16P config. Will be interesting to see the affect this has on the amount of cycles it can take.

Thanks Jake
Just one more question. Did you have to pay any import duties or GST on their arrival. I think our government has started doing this on imports since last year

No I didn’t have to pay any taxes. Let’s hope it stays that way :crossed_fingers:

I just got quoted 3.51 usd. Waiting to hear back how much postage will be

2 Likes

Identical quote to me. I am now waiting for them to get to me with freight cost.
My main concern is our government adding import taxes and GST on top before releasing it for delivery.

Ask them to declare the value as less than $1000 and I’m pretty sure you will be ok.

I have just done some research. Since July 2018 the government now charges import duty of 5% plus 10% GST on top of that. Regardless of the value.
https://www.penguinaccounts.com.au/importing-business-goods-australia

Also I just got quoted 108usd for shipping of the batteries. So I’m now thinking I may be better if buying them locally.

Yeah i got the shipping quote back too. Worked out to be 6.06 per cell shipped.

I think it works out at 5.95 from techaroundyou after gst and at your door within 3 days :+1:

Yep, it’s difficult importing at the moment with the Aussie dollar so low.

If you import to yourself rather than your business and the purchase is under 1000 i think you fly under the radar… hell I spent over 2k on esk8 parts from one vendor and didnt have to pay a cent of import tax :man_shrugging:

After reading it again I think you may be right. What it confusing is that eBay now adds GST on all international purchases.
Either way, with the high freight cost and low Aussie dollar. I think I’ll continue to look locally.

Dont order through ebay. Use aliexpress or alibaba. Ive made dozens of purchases on aliexpress this year with no gst and all products have been spot on. Just make sure you read customer reviews before you purchase :+1:

1 Like

Be aware of fake/cheap li-ion cells on eBay and/or Alibaba/AliExpress. These sites are great for other items but when it comes to batteries, I think it is best to order from a reputable website or store. From what I’ve seen, when a deal seems too good to be true on li-ion cells, it’s most likely because they will send out fake cells or cheap ones. I once reached out to an eBay dealer and ask him if his cells were authentic (they were clearly sold as LG cells, but the price was cheap (3.35$ a cell instead of like 4.50-5$)), he told me they were not! And it’s the same gimmicks for pretty much all seller on there! Be aware guys!

1 Like

Hey Guys, could 4 of these work to get 44V 44AH? - 8KG weight or what am I missing/ not taking into account?

LITHPOWER Battery Pack