Diy battery 18650 pack or buy one?

Can you tell me about the voltage of the fan output on the PCB of the spot welder Aulakira Boss Level ?
Thank you. Thank you.

You might want to look here for information.

1 Like

Has anyone in Australia built a 18650 battery and have a reliable supplier for Samsung cells.
I have been searching locally for 18650 cells, but unable to find a supplier that has Samsung cells at a reasonable price.
I have contacted international suppliers NKON and Fogstar but they don’t send to Australia due to issues sending them via air freight.

1 Like

I’m sorry I can’t really help you out I’m from AUSTRIA NOT Australia :joy: wish you good luck.

1 Like

… but we have Kangaroos… in the Zoo :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I have also been hunting an international supplier, or alternatively how I can fly with them. I want to send a pack to South Africa…
One guy I know managed to carry 30 Samsung Q30’s in hand luggage, but they might have issues when I pitch up with 160…

1 Like

Most airlines will only allow you to take a maximum of 2 lithium batteries as carry on luggage and none as checked luggage.

Thats exactly what I thought. But apparently this guy went through with 30. I guess the airlines themselves don’t check and if you get through security then you ok…

Although you could very easily glue a series of cells together and shrinkwrap them into “one” pack. As long as each pack is under 100Wh they would let you on with them. So then you could take one pack on device (a miniature skateboard etc) and 2 spare packs…

2 Likes

I like the way that you think Jezza. But that would still restrict you to about 10 batteries.:battery:

1 Like

When these „packs“ don’t have a „official“ ratinglabel with maker information theycwill take it from you

1 Like

I would imagine you could print out your own label. The labels on most of these packs are hardly official and in the case of most Chinese packs they not even correct. Most of the battery packs guys use for their phones are far from rated properly and they are never stopped from travelling with them.

1 Like

To add to this. It appears that the maximum of 2 applies when the batteries are over 100Wh. Below that the regs state “Limited quantity for personal use.” with no actual indication to how many. Clearly thats how some guys have transported up to 30.

1 Like

Believe me. They take it. Happens to me with prototype packs for the powertools I develop. Even they had plastic housing and looked like serial production parts they took them because the label was not correct enough

I worked on my battery housing

1 Like

I assume if the label was correct though then it would have been fine…

Oh Jezza. How many times did you handcarry Li battery in plane?

I’ve carried lipos (back in my fpv drone days) without labels through about 10 flights (local and international). Simply pulled them out my bag and told security I had them and that they were all under 100Wh. They said fine and let me through.

But making a label is quite simple. Just look at the regs and what’s on existing camera battery labels. Then make them accordingly.

Ok you know better. As often :grin:
My advice: Don’t try

I should agree with you. One in the million if lipos go wrong in mid air it will be catastrophic. Imagine a scenario, Lipo has weared out already in sea level(14.7 psi) altitude and suddenly in airplane cabin faces lower pressure (11psi ) and what happens inside Lio’s pressure increases. If you are thinking about checking in, Cargo section is not pressurized and pressure drop will be more drastic. Although it should be ok for healthy and standard cells, but there is always risks, specially with high capacities and cheap hobby lipos!! To understand the scale of the danger look at this vape blowing up by itsel in midair with single cell li ion:

Even if plane survives the potential fire, The gas will poison people
I advise to not carry this size battery in plane. Ship it ahead wherever you are traveling.
At bare minimum drain your cells to dead level.

I use this supplier and have no problems with getting the batteries into Australia. Good prices too.

2 Likes