Diy battery 18650 pack or buy one?

True I’m searching a waterproof box but they are pretty expensive. Can you reccomend me one?

Thanks

:expressionless: per cel total of 30 layers over 10 cels

Do you know a good cheap and big waterproof case?

Like @MaxMaker has.

I am cnc and printing mine, cost is around 50 euro

Sorry I do not quite understand how do you mean? Where will you use 3x nickel strip? Can you show me on picture?

@Felixfoiler I will use max case max004 for my battery. And that case will be in waterproof comparement.

7p is not enough. That will give you 140a max and will reduce your battery life. 10p would be much better.

1 Like

I use 12s8p with 30q at max of 80a , at the end it starts to heat and stay warm for 1h30 after
@tinp123 : how many cells do you fit in a max004 ?

If I got you right, you will use 10x3 nickel strips between each parallel group? That could carry cca 350-400 amps, it is still overkill but probably better safe than sorry! :slight_smile:

@Alexandre I will try to fit 14s12p in one case. My comparement has enoght space for two batteries in parallel so one day I could use 14s24p

14S24P would weigh about 20Kg. The board will be an absolute dog to carry and use. It’s just not worth it. Ideally you want the lightest possible solution as it brings the most fun.

Yep I am well aware of that. Most of the time I will use only one battery, but I had a plan of traveling 60km in one go, from one city to another here on Croatia’s coast. But I don’t believe I will make it this summer,maybe next

1 Like

Ok great that’s pretty cheap one 25€ :wink:

Today I was looking at this BMS. I think its used a lot in DIY ebike builds.

https://www.energusps.com/shop/product/tiny-bms-s516-150a-750a-36?category=4

It works form 5-16s and comes in a 150A discharge option. It has a ton of cool features like Bluetooth and I think an anti spark switch. It took me a little while to understand some of the features it has but there is a tone of manufacture information on it. Might work well?

1 Like

uff 150€ pretty expensive i will go for only charge bms. Cost me around 20€

I think it is a little tight in specs, 60A continuous is just enough in our case. I would opt for a bigger one.

I think it is a real 60a( not the sames numbers as AliExpress one …) and with data logging … it is worth the price for the quality and the features ( I haven’t try it just read about it…) , it is good enough for a decent setup for 25km/h
It can take more with a good cooling , for people who doesn’t have a esc with current control and data logging I think it is a good solution

Yes we can go cheaper but on the water I think there will be always a ratio price/swim back to consider or to have in mind :sweat_smile:

I’m in Cavtat for a week in September so it would be good if you could have it finished by then! :wink:

1 Like

I will definitively let you know if I am done :grin:

1 Like

You can also turn it into a 750A setup but you will need external relays. Also the manufactures says the constant current rating is all about the amount of cooling it has. If you mount it to a big aluminum plate you might get a high discharge out of it.

In my application I’d like to use the BMS with a 16s battery. Hopefully I will see a max prolonged current of around 40 amps and I think it will hold up well. The price is a bit high but it comes with a lot of features, documentation and good customer service. A lot of the cheap Chinese BMS’s lack these benefits.

1 Like

Battery can do 300A i want to use all of that hands the 3 layers