Database for mast & plate

Hi Mike,

Can you share the RL mast profile in digital format like STEP.
Unfortunatley I can not scan it, since household is paperless now since a couple of years…

Best Regards,
Mattias

Hi Mattias,
most of my drawing I made with the free version of PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express - pro: very good 3D-CAD-prog | con: you cannot save as STEP
But you can take this drawing and model it with fusion:

Mike

1 Like

Guys, that will be the best choice for diy mast plate? - cnc milled aluminium or cast aluminum?

CNC milled aluminum. Was hoping to attempt one when I get some ebay drops in to my shop to play with

2 Likes

@SUP-MIKE Did you have files for the slingshot mount that you would share?

Thanks for reply Mike! Only took 30min to measure and adjust @YAHEF:s nice mastclamp. So no biggie :slight_smile:

Hi Bryce,
most of my drawings I made with the free version of PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express - pro: very good 3D-CAD-prog | con: you cannot save as STEP
Mike

1 Like

Ahh I see you just posted that above as well! Sorry must have missed that!

No problem :wink: maybe someone is here who has the full version of PTC Creo and can convert the *.pk2 files to STEP?

Can you export the files as STL? Seems like the free version might support that?

I can open and export under following file format using Inventor pro. Look if you have one of those. I then can export to step if you want to.

Yes - but you can’t create a really good STEP out of STL

*.pk2 can only be opened with PTC Creo :disappointed_relieved:

Open it with Creo and save it under .prt or .asm no ?

With the free version I can only save as:

I see, well then I’m afraid I can’t hep you :sweat:

I’m sure somebody is here in this forum who can help :innocent:

Or do you know a prog that can “clean” all the triangles :question:

As far as cleaning up surfaces, I have heard good things about MeshLab, but never used it myself. Its is free to download and use.

You want to “clean” the triangle on the surface ? Bad idea I think. That’s why there are different file format like step.

You may find an online file converter for ur file extension to .step. Pretty sure someone did it already.

I was mostly curious because I got some aluminum scraps and was going to mill a slingshot mast base for fun :smiley:

Maybe a prop next!

3 Likes

which cnc you will use for this, could share some info/pics maybe?