Database for mast & plate

If you are not sure what a cross dowel is here is a picture
crossd1

1 Like

Worked 100% for me

Hi Garteh,

Welcome and nice to see you here ! I posted your like above :slight_smile:

TBH, this profile looks a bit fragile. Is there a way to add some more material ? Like the slingshot mast for exemple ?

Do you offer custom order ? If I wanted a 13 cm chord profile with 3mm thick wall in place of standard 2mm for exemple ?

Love your work :slightly_smiling_face:

This foil does not look strong enough to me.

:call_me_hand:

Thankyou @Foxyirish1987 you are way ahead of me!!

The extrusion is deliberately designed to be lightweight with features designed to enable simple reinforcement with the addition of bonded in tubes or cylinders.

Does anyone know how strong it needs to be, what kind of load it needs to carry? I am guessing you are really after stiffness more than strength. As I would guess flexing becomes a problem before buckling or failure,

I can certainly look into custom parts is there was sufficient demand.

Should I just assume you need something as stiff as the slingshot section?

Do you supply the tubes or are they readily available?

The tubes should be readily availlable in most territories. If not I can supply. You can use 8mm in the front , 10mm in the middle and 12mm or 1/2" in the rearmost slot.

I will do some calculations to see what reinforment you need to match the slingshot stiffness.

2 Likes

Any chance I can find the liquid force mast plate ? I’d be using this mast. Looks easier to fit 3x8awg cables & water intel.

I’d like to machine it, so any 3D file is welcome :slight_smile:

I am very fond of the slingshot mast. I think if you made yours similar stiffness and strength it would work well.

:call_me_hand:

You have to precise which mast you’re after:
100 x 20mm - Foil Fish - 2015/2016
124 x 13.5mm - Happy Foil, Thruster (2017/2018/2019), Impulse- 2019/2020
132 x 13.5mm(?) - Wake - 2020/2021
The latest seen in the FR thread is the easiest for efoil use :wink::
2020_LF_Mast_Colar

I have no idea since I don’t even own one yet. I believe 2020/2021 model which I will order either online either looking to buy a used one for test. Indeed interested in it after seeing it in FR thread :smiley:

Hi,

Posting 2 aluminum mast profile design drawings (with dimensions, radius, etc)
from a manufacturer.

Those were designed by some of the popular kite brands (don’t know which exactly)
and were used by a Chinese manufacturer for mass production of the masts for the
respective brands.

Weight of the profile in aluminum is approx. 1.95 kg per linear meter, according to the
manufacturer.

Hope it might be helpful for any of the DIY builders here on the forum.

2 Likes

Here is the second mast profile drawing

Approximate weight per linear meter is 1.8 kg

mast profile 2

4 Likes

Does anyone know where to get cheap Slingshot mast+Plate?Last year someone brought up a chinese mast, that was very similar to th Slingshot. Anyone knows where to get this?

Does anyone know the mounting size of the fuselage to the mast of this foil set? Was wondering if I can bolt the fuselage on the liquidforce mast that I have right now.

1 Like

Nobody use this mast and can measure the hole spacing?

Have a look here: Search results for 'cabrinha' - FOIL.zone, @Vicdes2 already asked this question. I think @JetboardCologne has a Cabrinha mast and a LF fuse, not saying he is using both simultaneously :wink:
Could be that a Cabrinha Double Agent foil use the same mast. You could ask the mast specs and screw spacing to the online shop

You need a new hole for Liquid force fuselage too Caprinha Mast.
Greetings Frank

Oke, thanks. I will try it.