Corvus | Custom DIY Board | Slingshot Foil | Turnigy aerodrive C80100-130 | 10s 7p battery pack | Enertion Vesc

This is where I am at the moment.
10s7p battery pack wired through to an anti-spark switch then to a Enertion VESC.
The motor has been epoxy’d, sanded and reconstructed.
74x30x6 PU foam block in the basement waiting to be shaped (after I’ve watched countless youtube)
My board shape will be similar to Blue Planets new CARVER FOIL SUP (2020)

I’m waiting for the Flipsky VX1 controller to be delivered

I’ve cut all my wires to the same length, an engineering buddy of mine said, “You should have cut the wires offset from each other to prevent any of the connectors from touching.”

I think I’ll be ready by Summer of 2020.

1 Like

Nice ! And yes it looks better a the same length (same as you ) but I prefer now longer one at least in the middle … you can can always put holders …

thank you for your using our products

@ling08 Which product is that?

1 Like

The Flipsky VX2 looks interesting too (99 instead of 49USD):

So I blew up my first Vesc by when changing the setting of the controller, good thing I bought 4 when they were having a clearance sale. I installed a new one and I’m not going to adjust the software.

Here are internal photos of the VX1 remote.

This Vesc is very over specified, it cannot hold the promises. The cooling concept is very poor, i experimented with different approaches e.g. glued miniature coolers and blew it up when i chose 90°C starting temperature for degradation instead of 80°C. This thing is too weak for foiling, get something stronger. It is very frustrating if you struggle to keep up the power needed because it will always have overtemperature after a minute. Next problem is Abs HW current. Go for a FSESC or ask Nickw.