Chinese hydrofoil for efoil?

Hi friends,

This is Elle from Shenzhen Waydoo Intelligence Technology company. hope I didn’t disturb you.

We hereby sincerely invite you and your company representatives to visit our booth at Singapore Yacht Show from April 11st to 14th 2019.
At the show, we’ll present you the most advanced Electronic Hydrofoil-- Waydoo Flyer at unbeatable price.

Demo Activities Time : 4:00-5:00 pm 11st -14th April.

Booth No: A-H4 & A-H5 (Floating Leisure Hub).  

Add: ONE 15 Marina Sentosa Cove, Singapore.

Looking forward to your arrival!

Elle
                                                                                                               elle.lin@waydoo.io
                                                                                                               +86 13724266101

1 Like

1 Like

Ouch! How did that happen!?! So much for Bomb proof!

1 Like

I am wondering who bought this foil and is their E-foil speed about the same as mine. I seem to foil the best at 12 to 14 mph. Any faster and I climb out of the water.

Ive got this foil, I can get it to a little over 35kph (21.9 mph) and it doesn’t seem too bad to control, maybe a little sketchy at 35kph. But it uses a fair bit of power to hold that speed compared to the Slingshot 76cm surf wing because it has a pretty thick cross section.

2 Likes

I have gone 17mph, I probably could go 20 if I was not scared, the motor seems to have the power.

What would be the typical application of the foil I have? SUP foiling?

Got any suggestions for a higher speed reasonably priced “Chinese” foil for my next build?

This one looks like the takuma V100 and the gong M , perfect for freestyle 20-30km/h , up to 35km/h
Have you look at the new gong M pro ?

1 Like

My foil does look just like the takuma V100, So its a very slow easy to ride foil? That is exactly what I wanted for my first E-foil. I will read about the gong M pro foil.

wherein germany is that?

Markkleeberger See close to Leipzig. That’s the one where the great Efoil Meetup few weeks ago have been took place.

1 Like

Anyone try this foil,
I am looking for foil that is a little quicker than my previous foil. My previous foil is shown above.

1 Like

Anyone got a photo of how they drilled the carbon Mast.

It is possible to drill a deep tuttle head like you show. IMHO, the issue is the mast. Is it hollow (forged carbon) or plain ? For inspiration purpose, here is @Clarin’s method on a or KFbox head, with a hollow mast from AlpineFoil…
1710 drilled Tutle

I should have specified the I would be using the plate mount, not tuttle style mount. I am told the mast is hollow. I am just not that sure what a hollow carbon mast looks like inside. Do you drill it just like you drill a aluminum mast and do the wires fit roughly the same.

1 Like

I also have questions about this! So if anyone drilled a carbon mast, let us know haha

Why do you prefer such foil rather than gong foil. It’s almost the same price but the gong allvator is known to work perfectly. Thus, you can upgrade the wing when you get more skills.

Hollow can have different meanings so you’ll have to ask pictures before buying. Forged carbons masts are manufactured through a die like aluminium masts but at a fraction of the energy. Here is what they look like. What you need is the (full) hollow mast. They might be lighter than aluminium but as they are made with strands of carbon blended with epoxy, we don’t have many feedbacks on strength and rigidity.
[Edit] Beware: these are sold with supfoil hydrofoils though for mast length not greater than 65cm
see here for seller recommendations

Mast length can customizing make :
longer mast is hard to control, suit professional surfer. If mast length is more then 65cm, we have to use solid or half solid mast to get better torque.

Not this half hollow mast (leading edge screw insert on the way) and of course not the solid one.
Forged carbon half and solid masts

IMHO, as @Thom said, I would go the Gong way.

Thom, SoEfoil, Thanks for the information. I tried to view the GONG foil website and put a foil assembly in my basket as a test. For what ever reason most of the words are not in English. It appears that the GONG foil would be about $500 USD. I was not able to tell what the shipping would be. I bet its not cheap$$.
It appears the Gong foils mast and fuselage are aluminum.

1 Like

I am also planning to ditch aliexpress Chinese foil assembly. Wondering what combination is the most efficient setup for our purpose. Would you mind sharing what did you choose for wings and mast?

A complete Gong Surf Foil M or L costs 399.-
Included in that package is:
Front and Backwing
65cm Alu Mast
Fuselage
Mastplate
And a lot of screws for mounting

I got from one other person the information that you can select the 80 cm Mast instead yeh 65cm in the ordering process.
Cost +10.-
Shipping around 30.-