Canard Configuration

Yes on canard we changed the stabilizer (now frontwing;-) to have positive pitch and lift…
It works but at the moment we are riding just without stabilizer… so just monowing setup…which works quite well to if you are experienced;-)

1 Like

A big tell for me is that none of the pro or super experienced riders are riding canard wings exclusively. If they were that great, at least one of the top guys would only bother riding them and a lot more manufacturers would produce them. I have a wing configuration I could shift to canard, its a small fast beastly setup so might be interesting…

1 Like

Sorry, i was not making myself clear.

I was actually asking about normal setups, it seems to make sense that the standard foil stabs are too large for efoiling setups as there is the (thrust)*(mast height) torque acting on efoils but i’d like to hear if you think so?

You can shim the backwing upwards 1-2° to reduce drag, that works with the RL Wing set.

How does it affect stability and the ride experience? Is it worth doing, do you notice a worthwile difference?

One might think “Just try it yourself” but the gong fuselage i have is not shimmable and my board is crashed at the moment…

I have only tried it with the shim and only once, so I don’t know the difference, but @V_S probably knows as I got the shim file from him. What I noticed compared to the Foil I had before is that although the RL wing is bigger, it was pushing the front less upwards @ takeoff, I did not have to push the front down as hard as with the old setup. It is still fairly stable, I think the decrease of the angle is 1.5°