Battery Sale | $80 multistar-high-capacity-6s-12000mah-multi-rotor-lipo-pack

Unfortunately Hobby king wont let me put more than one in my cart.

Same unfortunately looks like only 1 per customer.

Iā€™m sorry all looks like 1 per customer. That is the first time Iā€™ve noticed anything like that on hobbyking.com. My apologies.

With shipping that does not really make sense. Furthermore the 12000mAh 6s is not suitable for most of us. I`ve blown a 16000 10C already because it got to hot with about 50A cont. dischargeā€¦!
Better look for 25C HRB or Tattoo on aliexpress;-)

My thought was I could run 4 batteries 2P2S. I prefer to stay away from running the batteries in parallel anyways.

1 Like

@carved do you have experience with aliexpress tattoo or HRB batteries? I.e are there capacity and C ratings correct? Any links to ones you have used?

What format did you have the battery/batteries in?

Two of 10C discharge rated batteries in parallel should be fine as far as discharge capacity goes. Iā€™ve got four 10C 6S batteries in a 2S2P format.

These batteries and other 6s work just fine if you have these in at least a 2p format. A single battery with a ā€œratedā€ discharge max of 10C is not enough, as you found out, but 2p+ is fine.

That being said, Iā€™d always aim to stay well below the rated continuous discharge max of 10C , e.g. bank on 8C or less.

On second thought that performance is pretty terrible unless you had prevented the battery from transferring heat. Better batteries, or more cells in || will heat a lot less. If you had these batteries with any reasonable cooling a 10C rated 16AH at 50A should have kept pretty cool. What were the battery(ies) encased in?

Consider surrounding the batteries with a low melting temperature parafin or soy candle wax as a medium for the batteries to store heat. The wax will take a while to exceed the melting temperature due to a super sweet effect often referred to as the latent heat of transformation (phase change). By that time your ride should be done.

Disclaimer: I have no idea whether your battery can actually be OK with staying at that wax melt (~50 deg kiwigrade). Worth considering tho!